Just drew my gun for the first time ever.

Faktory 47

DTF23

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
I've been a CCW holder for a while, and tonight was the first time I've ever had to draw my gun. I was at our local mall movie theater which has a problem with delinquents so I should have known better. But I refuse to let that type of stuff run my life.

So after the movie (Saw Central Intelligence, which was hilarious by the way). We go to leave and have to walk out in to the parking lot to our vehicle. Right by the door was 2 guys bumming for money. I walked right by and said "Sorry I don't carry cash", and kept walking. It was one of those times where the hair just stands up on your neck. We walked about 15 feet further and I turned around and glanced over my shoulder and sure enough one of the two guys was following us.

We started to walk a little faster, and as we approached our vehicle he came back up to us with his hand in his pocket. My partner got in the car, but since I was sitting shotgun he was closer to me and i didn't think I could make it in the car if he charged or worse pulled a gun we'd be sitting ducks. As I opened my door to provide a little cover should that be the case and put an object between himself and myself he pulled a knife from his pocket and demanded our phones, wallets and my purse. I calmly informed him that wasn't going to happen, and he became pretty pissed off and informed me of his intention to do harm to myself.

Now I'm jacked up, adrenaline is pumping full bore, I can feel my heart beating through my shirt. I got tunnel vision and just zeroed right in on this scumbag. I pulled my gun in one smooth motion as he is waddling my way. Now my BF is out of the car too and starts heading to the front of the vehicle and thats about the time the beggar had an epiphany that this wasn't a good idea. My bf is on the phone with 911 and his gun in the other hand pointed right at this guy, my guns out trained right on him. I shouted out to him that I fear for my life, and not to get any closer (in case the 911 dispatcher could hear). He took one more step, I again warned him not to come closer or I would have no choice but to shoot him. This seems so crazy now, but everything was like super slow motion, even though I know this whole thing couldn't have lasted longer than 15 seconds from the time I saw the knife, to the end.

I'm not sure what happened, if the dirtbag finally took me serious or what, but he dropped the knife and took off running. Rather fast, screaming some incoherent racist shit about cops, white people and he ain't going out like that.

We waited for the police to arrive, at which point they couldn't find anyone in the area. We wrote a statement for them, gave a description and went on our way. Police said it was a good thing we had our CCW and firearms on us because the crime at night is getting really bad as the weather keeps getting warmer.

I was fully prepared to shoot this individual before he got any closer with that knife. I'm aware of the statistics for knives and how close a effective range someone can be with them. I was not about to be a victim, nor was I going to let my boyfriend have to deal with a situation where I'm being stabbed/killed and he has to witness it (granted he probably was going to shoot the guy faster than I was).

TLDR: Idiot with knife approached myself and boyfriend. Ended up pulling out our firearms. Scumbag took off running. Lifes saved.

Just wanted to share that with everyone. If you have the means to protect yourself be sure to exercise it often. You never know when it will save your life.