Jack In The Box

Howard Law

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Anybody heard about this. Some gun enthusiasts go into a Jack In The Box with AR's and other assorted long guns to protest open carry laws. Causes a call to the police when a customer sees guys with guns in the place. Now Jack In The Box has went the way of Starbucks and said no more guns. Thoughts?

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I think it is to protect their employees. Have you ever seen the employees in most Jack In The Box restaurants? Most look like felons. I swear one in my home town looked and acted like a crack addict, and they must not offer dental insurance or she did not sign up for it. Aren't felons not be around guns? There you go!

The only way to keep guns out of their stores in Tx is to post a legal 30.06 sign at the front door of every restaurant. Absent that they are just waisting their time. And if they do put up the signs, I know of one customer that would never step through the front door any more. Ghost buster signs and statements like we would prefer customers not bring guns, have no bearing on a legal CHL in Tx.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I get the impression that if nobody carried openly in places like the Jack In The Box, they would never have had a problem in the first place. Non-carrying customers should never be aware of customers carrying concealed and the atmosphere would be calm in the place.

D

Denny4kids

The way I understand it, the guys just went into Jack in the Box to get some chow before their protest march for handgun open carry downtown. One mistake they made was not informing the Police of their intentions before hand. I'll stop in at Jacks and see what they say. I bet they don't know anything about it. Denny

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
People just don't like change. Directly and simply. If they are not used to seeing an AR strapped to a civilian's body, they freak, along with all the ensuing repercussions. If it was a same people, all-day-all-the-time thing, it would become as natural as seeing a pretty girl walking down the street.

However, too often, open carry, which I support, almost seems to be working toward that shock value, knowing 99% of us do not want to advertise anything.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I don't open carry but I have no problem with it. However, walking into a business with an AR or any long gun hanging on you is forcing the business into a discussion that most clearly do not want in. In my business the way I dress, present myself and talk to people are all carefully thought out. My primary goal is to make sure my customers are comfortable and that they feel appreciated. Many people are not going to feel comfortable if a group of guys stroll in with long guns strapped on. Heck, it would make me do a double take. What we know for sure is that the most often outcome from forcing businesses into the discussion is a new NO GUNS sign going up.

SmokyT

Hunter
May 13, 2014
USA
bigdogdaddy said:
I don't open carry but I have no problem with it. However, walking into a business with an AR or any long gun hanging on you is forcing the business into a discussion that most clearly do not want in. In my business the way I dress, present myself and talk to people are all carefully thought out. My primary goal is to make sure my customers are comfortable and that they feel appreciated. Many people are not going to feel comfortable if a group of guys stroll in with long guns strapped on. Heck, it would make me do a double take. What we know for sure is that the most often outcome from forcing businesses into the discussion is a new NO GUNS sign going up.

I agree 100%.
I am sure there are occasions and [/size]places where open carry would be appropriate. However, I wonder if going in to your local fast food restaurants openly carrying handguns and AR rifles "just because it's legal" would present a very positive public image of law abiding gun owners...