It's a normal Wednesday and at 2pm all power is lost on a clear day

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Where are you and what are your plans for the next 24 hours?

Oh, and your car doesn't work either. Cell phones/internet dead.

In my case I work from home. I would probably start filling the bathtubs with water.

Send the wife to walk to school and pick up the kids.

Run out to the local grocery to see if they will sell /take cash for canned goods. Use the carts full of the food just purchased to get the food home.

Stop at the liquor store on the way back from the grocery. Loot if necessary.

Remove ammo/weapons from safe and go to condition one.

Pray that the power comes back on.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
walk the 3 miles to the daycare and pick up my son then go home and hope my wife makes it home.

Dixietoolz

Woodsman
Jul 27, 2015
Warner Robins
I would be at work so, stop by the truck and pickup my GHB. Walk the 1 1/2 miles to pick up my daughter from school and make my way home (approx 5 miles). Secure the residence and fill all available containers with fresh water including tub. Condition 1 for all Family members and only I have permission to answer the door and u better be a close relative. Begin inventory of all frozen foods and cook as necessary anything that is thawed out. The main plan for me if to bug in and try to make contact with other Family members. Protect Family and assets at all costs. If I have to leave I have several secluded bug out locations mapped out where no one in their right mind would ever look.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
He did say cell phones and Internet are dead. So I am assuming emp.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Well I would honestly not know where I would be at, as I work all over Atlanta. But I would be grabbing my ghb and starting my trek to the house. Hopefully making it before all hell broke loose.

Reactions: sewerman68

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It just happened here on Saturday evening. This is what I did:

1. Pulled out the generator and plugged in the fridge and a light.

2. Opened a beer.

Jul 2, 2015
Well for now I'm 9 miles from the house for work so grab my GHB and my trusty G19 and start walking. Get the little one from school and get her to the house. Meet up with the neighbors I do know and get ready to do some "last minute shopping". Secure all windows and all but 1 door to the house and get ready for the fire works to start.

Reactions: Dinky Dau

Hayata

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
It just happened here on Saturday evening. This is what I did:

1. Pulled out the generator and plugged in the fridge and a light.

2. Opened a beer.

You lost cell/internet and your cars wouldn't run?

All of this is just for fun. One of the best Twilight Zone episodes was the one where the aliens started messing with the power grid and telephones. The humans in the town were all over each other in a matter of hours.

That Rod Serling guy was ahead of his time.

Reactions: madHatter

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
If I was in Atlanta I would head to my stash place. Its a derelict duplex thats been abandoned for a decade. I have an old 10 speed stashed there. Wait till dark and head home. If I was in Roswell, Marietta, I would start hoofing it. I have a lot of friends and family that would be on my path home. I would probably travel mostly at night.

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
If a real emp happens I think normalcy bias will get a lot of people killed and keep a lot of people from securing life saving assets in the first couple of days. The folks that read the writing on the wall correctly and move with a purpose are the only ones with decent chance of survival. In the report for congress on emp it was estimated that if you turn off the entire grid in America 75% of the population will be deceased in 90 days.

Reactions: Cudruln

Hayata

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
If a real emp happens I think normalcy bias will get a lot of people killed and keep a lot of people from securing life saving assets in the first couple of days. The folks that read the writing on the wall correctly and move with a purpose are the only ones with decent chance of survival. In the report for congress on emp it was estimated that if you turn off the entire grid in America 75% of the population will be deceased in 90 days.

e31.jpg