It looks like my reloading days are over and I just started

Howard Law
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Appears the days of buying primers are over and bullets for that matter too. I think I would have better luck getting a photo of Sasquatch. This hoarding of everything is nonsense and only hurts the whole industry and sport.

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Had a heck of a time getting changeover parts for my Dillon to load 9mm. Lucky that I had a few primers and I found 1000 Hornady 115 FMJ. The next day they were all gone too. I live 25 miles from Dillon but had to order some parts from PA. go figure. Can't find primers anywhere right now and powder is getting thin too. My local candy store is getting a few new handguns in but they are gone the day they arrive. Problem doesn't seem to be tapering off.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
davevabch said:
Appears the days of buying primers are over and bullets for that matter too. I think I would have better luck getting a photo of Sasquatch. This hoarding of everything is nonsense and only hurts the whole industry and sport.
I suspect that in a very few months the manufacturers will be supplying enough to restock the stores.

You might consider ordering from a place such as Midway USA where, if something is on back order, you can have them notify you that the product is available. Once they email you, they hold the product long enough for you to respond and order. Of course, there's the hazmat charge for primers and powder when ordering via the internet. Maybe a local store can take your money for a backorder and hold the product for you so that you can avoid the hazmat charge.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Went out to the shooting range today and......Nobody was there........ :eek:

Guess they are all saving their ammo.......And we have 400 members.... :-\

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
One thing I've noticed by talking to customers, I think people are buying the wrong guns for conceal carry. Due to the lack of guns and choice, they buy things they may find will not work in the long run. Lots of new carriers out there.

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
After the last "shortage" in 2008 caused by the outcome of the election, I ran short of everything. For the last two or three years I have been slowly buying some extra primers, powder and bullets in my favorite calibers as they went on sale or were available. I did not "hoard", just stocked up in a reasonable way. Seemed to me to be a common sense approach. However, I agree that if you are buying it by the train-load that contributes to the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.