Is this "Stand Your Ground"?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

lefty60

Scout
Jan 4, 2014
Oregon
Re: Is This, "Stand Your Ground?"

I think not!

People are feed up with being crime victims. Bait, trap, & kill is (at this time) not an approved method of crime prevention.

And of course this incident is great PR for anti gun groups. Which begs the question, is the news story accurate?

What more can you say?

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I seriously doubt that this case - assuming that the facts are as stated in the article - would be considered covered by the "castle doctrine" or "stand your ground" laws.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
The Media is going to have at it with this one, just like the last lunatic.

There's always more to the story. But if the story happened as described, this fellow's going to jail. Just like the other fellow who got convicted for murder when he literally executed the two teenaged students.

In this scenario leaving the door open, baiting the trap and then just shooting the intruder stone cold dead doesn't read like a self defense situation. A prosecutor isn't going to have a hard time swaying a jury to believe that this was hardly a 'Stand Your Ground" shooting.

D

Denny4kids

I believe this is a Castle Doctrine issue and the law is so vague the scumbags may skate. Den

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I also saw a bait, trap, and kill based on an anticipated burglary. Guessing that a burglary would happen, does not mean the measures taken would justify the end result.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Denny4kids said:
I believe this is a Castle Doctrine issue and the law is so vague the scumbags may skate. Den
With the baiting and leaving doors open, I really doubt that a jury would believe that the shooter was honestly afraid for his/her life. Only that would make a shooting legitimate under Wisconsin's "Castle Doctrine" law.