Faktory 47

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
one is made by union labor in the (sic) constitution state.

the other is made by soccer enthusiasts in a second world country.

Well, the RO is machined in Illinois by union labor as well. The 80% forging is from Brazil, but the TRP and RO are machined in Illinois.

Hell, Colt probably gets their forgings from Imbel in Brazil too.

Reactions: Thenut

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
huh weird. the ones i have held seem to be solid
To be fair it was a sample size of one at Adventure Outdoors. When on safe, the selector extended down far enough, and was loose enough that the top of my thumb would actuate the safety. I like as high of a grip as possible though.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
To be fair it was a sample size of one at Adventure Outdoors. When on safe, the selector extended down far enough, and was loose enough that the top of my thumb would actuate the safety. I like as high of a grip as possible though.
this is why czs are awesome

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Oh I agree, and I've owned a shitload of CZ's over the years. I just love how slim a 1911 is, and how well it points. Also, it's pricey to get a decent trigger on a CZ, but it also costs extra for me to make a 1911 grip fit. I gotta have a magwell and magwell grips. The pin cutout on the grips dig into my hand otherwise. I guess I have wide hands or something but it's uncomfortable after 100 rounds or so.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

On a 1911 your thumb should ride on the safety and keep it down. At least that is how I was always taught.