Is the VP9 a "Civilian only" product?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
You know there are videos out there of just about every HK pistol failing torture tests miserably. If you use YouTube videos as a basis of what not to carry you are going to be very limited in your options.
You dont know how these youtubers treat their firearms. The could be using a certain lube that doesn't mix well with water. There are many factors you can consider.

Reactions: Strider12

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
The VP9 is a sweet shooting gun but has shown too many weaknesses for me to ever want one. There's apparently some spring that randomly falls out and renders the gun useless as well.
In my opinion, the VP9 fire control group is seriously over-engineered. Way too many parts to accomplish the simple task of releasing a striker. Quite frankly, I think that's why it failed in the video. Too easy for a bit of grit to get in between small parts and lock things up.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
In my opinion, the VP9 fire control group is seriously over-engineered. Way too many parts to accomplish the simple task of releasing a striker. Quite frankly, I think that's why it failed in the video. Too easy for a bit of grit to get in between small parts and lock things up.

Sounds like it's on par with most HK products...

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I owned a USPc 45 at one point it time.

it was heavy for its size, only held 8+1, so-so trigger, expensive, and had that godawful mag release.
this is my issue with HKs. I had a USP compact that I wanted to love sooo bad but i could not for the life of me hit the mag release. It was like fucking child proof. I want to like HKs but that is the biggest turn off to me.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I actually really liked the mag release on the USPc
its so unnatural feeling to me. i never could find it without looking and taking my hand half ass off the gun.

I wouldnt want to defend my life with one as of now...

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
The mag release - while not optimal - was not a deal breaker for me.

The whole pistol was kind of "meh" when compared with my CZ and and sig 226 that I owned at the same time.

I now own none of those but the CZ is the only one I regret selling.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
The mag release - while not optimal - was not a deal breaker for me.

The whole pistol was kind of "meh" when compared with my CZ and and sig 226 that I owned at the same time.

I now own none of those but the CZ is the only one I regret selling.
i regret selling the couple CZs ive owned as well

H

Hoss

I sold/traded away my P07 after a class in the middle of August. We were doing failure drills. We would shoot a mag, drop the gun, run 50 yards back, tag up, run back, insert a new mag, rack the slide, shoot another mag, repeat... After the 2nd round my hands were so sweaty that I literally could not effectively grip the low profile slide of the P07 enough to rack the slide. I was shocked and quite pissed. I switched over to an XD9 and was able to continue with no issues. The instructor said he sees this a lot with people that bring CZ's and CZ clones to his classes.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
hmmm makes sense since theyre so tiny compared to most guns. even with good serrations you cant get much skin on it

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
the problem is my right forearm is massive and my left is tiny but i rack with my left hand unfortunately

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
the problem is my right forearm is massive and my left is tiny but i rack with my left hand unfortunately
batin.png