Faktory 47

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
How do you know the gun you just bought from the regular Joe at a meet isn't stolen. What do you use to check the serial #. Got a LE bud you call to verify. Just go with it. What's the penalty for possession of stolen firearm. Ever think about it.

http://www.hotgunz.com/

Reactions: Laufen

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have a few friends who are LEO. They told me that they won't run a serial number unless they have the gun in their possession because if they run it and it comes back stolen they could get in trouble if they don't bring it in and conduct an investigation on it or pass it off to detectives.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I have a few friends who are LEO. They told me that they won't run a serial number unless they have the gun in their possession because if they run it and it comes back stolen they could get in trouble if they don't bring it in and conduct an investigation on it or pass it off to detectives.
I did not know that. Thank Jake

Reactions: Jake

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code

That is understandable!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I you have tone ask yourself if a gun is stolen, don't buy it.

georgia357

Woodsman
Jul 28, 2015
Lexington, Ga
Zip code

Was just talking to my wife about this and she said that when somebody ran a number and it come back as stolen that it flagged the GBI, BATF and the local law enforcement office that the inquiry was ran from. That's the way it was up until about 10 years ago, it might have changed since then but that doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: txcruiser and Jake