Howard Law

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
wow....that's pretty scary...not only from the chaos that might cause but the fact that they are thinking that deeply about how to paralyze the West while our leaders are worried about not offending them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoss and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
"Imagine if the internet went down for several days, I believe we would see significant power grid failure and potentially loss of emergency services," Mize tells IBTimes UK. "This could mean the failure of dams and flood controls, power and water distribution, natural gas distribution and control failure, and more.

"Perhaps the most alarming aspect would be to the financial sector. I believe that loss of the internet for even a two week period could cause enough disruption to financial institutions that consumers would lose confidence and this could be catastrophic to the markets. All of this could set up a chain reaction that could send the public in to a panicked tailspin."

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Did you notice any issues with the internet, the days in question?

Every time I see a story like this, I see it be used as a justification for more control.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
mine slow all the time,have 5mg speed in the sticks. Upgrading son,finally got the local internet company to come to our neighborhood

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
If they where to do something like this it could be detrimental to alot of people. I hate to think of the mass panic that would ensue if it was to even go down for one week. There is to much that relies on the power of the Internet.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Makes you wonder how we got along without it before Gore invented it.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If they where to do something like this it could be detrimental to alot of people. I hate to think of the mass panic that would ensue if it was to even go down for one week. There is to much that relies on the power of the Internet.
electrical power, water, sewage, nuke plants, dams and hydro plants, almost all communication, emergency responders, everything...right down to your stupid Nest thermostat.

Reactions: Cudruln