Is Delta Airlines new Firearms Policy In Violation of Federal Law?

American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
"Guns.com is reporting that Delta Airlines has quietly changed its policy related to passengers who are flying with guns. According to the NBC Affiliate in Fort Lauderdale

The airline will now have special tags to alert ground handlers to not put bags carrying weapons on the general carousel.

The baggage will go directly to a baggage service agent who is required to perform an ID check on the passenger who picks up the luggage, sources told NBC 6. The agent must then use zip ties to secure the bag.

This policy was apparently implemented after the shooting that occurred in the Fort Lauderdale airport, after the criminal retrieved his luggage, went to the bathroom to load his firearm and then proceeded to murder five people and injure six others.

Interestingly enough, it appears that Delta may be in violation of federal law by implementing such a policy."

18 U.S.C. § 922(e) provides: .... read more at: https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/04/...gage-containing-firearms-violate-federal-law/

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Need a lot more facts to know if this is legal or not. I would prefer that my gun not go on the carousel where anyone can grab it. This article makes it seem like they are putting a big orange tag that's says "gun" on it. I would imagine it's more like something built into the barcode that alerts handlers not to send it to regular baggage claim when scanned.

Reactions: Huddy

txcruiser

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Smyrna
I almost checked one today, but decided to leave it at home since Delta is still trying to recover from the weather this week. I'll be interested to see how it works. I'm thinking it's in the barcode or RFID system they are using.