Interesting product for (cough, cough) Older Eyes

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

redden68

Hunter
Jun 30, 2012
Austin, TX
Seems to be trying to fix a nonexistent problem. I was taught that the human eye cannot focus on the rear sight, the front sight an the target at the same time and that we needed to concentrate on the front sight.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
redden68 said:
Seems to be trying to fix a nonexistent problem. I was taught that the human eye cannot focus on the rear sight, the front sight an the target at the same time and that we needed to concentrate on the front sight.

Older eyes may not even be able to see the front sight and the target clearly enough together, much less seeing the rear sight correctly. Anything that can help would be welcomed by a lot of shooters whose age is taking a toll on their sight.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Appears to work kind of like the aperture of a camera lens. The smaller the lens aperture (hole the light goes through), the more depth of field (focus) you have. The larger the aperture, the less depth of field. But at $30 a pop, I could punch a hole through a piece of masking tape with a small sewing needle and get the same result. IMHO, the principle makes sense, but the product is drastically overpriced.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Years ago we had iris on our peep sights. You would dilate it open and close according to the light condition.
We even had them on suction cups for on your glasses when you shot pistols.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk