Howard Law

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Coweta peeps!

I'm in need of truck load of wood for a wood burning stove...sooooo it has to be under 16 inches.

Any suggestions?

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Take your truck and chainsaw to one of the neighborhoods under construction around here after they log the property, and ask them if you can get some limbs before they burn.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
@bedouin can probably help with this. I here he loves sticking wood into stoves. I don't know if it's 16 inches or less though.
He rarely posts here anymore; I wonder if you have to say his name 3 times to get him to appear?

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
This was never an issue in Florida, LOL
Well, I should also say that there is a lengthy debate about whether or not pine does actually cause more creosote, some claim hardwoods create just as much if not more. Some of the issue may come from pine burning hotter than hardwoods, but I've always tried to just use it for kindling.

I may be wrong, but I've always erred on the side of caution, so don't take my word for anything :)

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Well, I should also say that there is a lengthy debate about whether or not pine does actually cause more creosote, some claim hardwoods create just as much if not more. Some of the issue may come from pine burning hotter than hardwoods, but I've always tried to just use it for kindling.

I may be wrong, but I've always erred on the side of caution, so don't take my word for anything :)

My brother-in-law says the same thing... I have no clue man, our fireplace just has a switch, LOL!

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
My brother-in-law says the same thing... I have no clue man, our fireplace just has a switch, LOL!
We used to burn pine back up north pretty regularly in ours, but my dad also had the chimney sweep out every year or so. I recall him (the sweep) saying that creosote build up is more of a concern when you burn green wood & that hotter fires actually reduce the risk of buildup. I tend to take the middle road because I just don't trust cookie-cutter house construction!

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
We used to burn pine back up north pretty regularly in ours, but my dad also had the chimney sweep out every year or so. I recall him (the sweep) saying that creosote build up is more of a concern when you burn green wood & that hotter fires actually reduce the risk of buildup. I tend to take the middle road because I just don't trust cookie-cutter house construction!

Haha... I'm with you man, it's not worth the chance.