Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
So on another forum that shall remain nameless, I posted an ad that was VERY clear as to the expectations & consequences of someone posting "I'll take it". I had already listed the time & place of the meet and that the statement "I'll take it" would be binding. Apparently a mod thinks that me leaving negative feedback for the person that failed to appear at the meet was "stupid", removed the feedback, and locked the thread. What do you all have to say about this? Should I appeal the mod's decision?

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
So on another forum that shall remain nameless, I posted an ad that was VERY clear as to the expectations & consequences of someone posting "I'll take it". I had already listed the time & place of the meet and that the statement "I'll take it" would be binding. Apparently a mod thinks that me leaving negative feedback for the person that failed to appear at the meet was "stupid", removed the feedback, and locked the thread. What do you all have to say about this? Should I appeal the mod's decision?
I think they play favorites and are pretty much a bunch of menstruating women.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I left a negative feedback for an item that had a hidden defect that the seller lied about, passing off the item as being functional. Negative removed with no explanation after one was requested of staff members. I have not bought a gun there since, but have sold an item or 2, and still scrounge reloading components. That place is nothing but Craigslist now.

Reactions: Strider12 and Shemp

White

Frontiersman
Apr 19, 2015
Georgia
I love the other site but I believe they pussyfoot around to much to cater to the new/less active members because they are worried they may catch feeling and leave. It takes an act of God to make negative feedback stick there too.

i

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Do they make it hard to stick a negative so that the place and the people seem better than maybe they really are? Like creating some kind of false trader utopia?

Like this?

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I love the other site but I believe they pussyfoot around to much to cater to the new/less active members because they are worried they may catch feeling and leave. It takes an act of God to make negative feedback stick there too.
LOL, digging the avatar :lol:

Reactions: White

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
You essentially have to get punked for negative feedback to stick, but that's why it's like Craigslist. Lots of quantity, less quality. If there was a mission statement it's been scrubbed for run of the mill page views.

Last edited:
Reactions: rOmiLaYu and Shemp