Howard Law

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
ScreenHunter_338-Mar.-18-22.21.jpg

I wish all employers would do this. An attorney who supports the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry wanted to come up with a way to encourage people to carry. His idea; offer his employees an extra $50 a month in their check if they carry on the job.

http://concealednation.org/2015/03/...th-if-they-carry-a-concealed-firearm-at-work/

Reactions: Sadkins

Sadkins

Hunter
Nov 18, 2014
Springboro Ohio
Reactions: dougiemac

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
We are not even allowed to have a pocket knife or any part of a weapon in our building including ammo. Just a simple automated storage and retrieval facility.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Thankfully I work somewhere that is gun friendly. I work at a mechanical/electrical/architectural engineering consulting firm and their company policy is to match whatever the state's laws are. Obviously they don't want you to be carrying rifles in (but I have in FedEx boxes for show and tell) or leaving a gun in plain view on your desk....basically no open carry. A coworker and I routinely are showing each other guns on our desks...pretty spectacular. It's funny, I am better armed than the flashlight toting building security guards.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Only downside to that is I can totally see a scenario where someone has a negligent discharge or something and now the company is target for lawsuits for encouraging people to carry guns. Maybe it wouldn't, I don't know, but when you own a business you look for every angle at which the bottom feeders can come at you. Because they will.

We re-wrote our handbook 2 years ago and included allowing carry in accordance with the local laws. I have employees who are gun owners, but don't carry who have expressed the fact that they feel better knowing that I'm always carrying.