I might have figured out the hot tip for minimalist holsters.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I think it was @AtlMedic who was chatting about the Raven Vanguard not being available for the Glock 43 one day when I was like, "Hmmm I can make that." So I ran down to the workshop and knocked one out. It worked ok but the retention was too damn tight and there was a little play for some reason when locked in. I made a few more prototypes and think I finally hit the sweet spot.

First versions looked like this:

IMG_4584.JPG

I really liked this because of how small and Vanguard like it was, but I simply could not get the retention right, no matter what I tried. Not to say it is not possible, because I am still trying to figure that one out lol... But I moved on to something a tad bigger that is not a reverse fold over (typically the folded side of a taco style is on the sights side of the gun, not the trigger guard). The new one is two pieces of scrap kydex (go me for using what I have laying around haha) pressed together over the trigger guard, then riveted more similarly to a traditional holster, just missing like half of it. The only thing different I will try next is to make it even smaller!

I really like these things and have been rocking these two for a little while now to test them out. So far, they've been great. If anyone that actually carries a decent bit wants to help me out by trying one out for a while, holla at meh.

IMG_4654.JPG
IMG_4661.JPG
IMG_4640.JPG
IMG_4642.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: cmshoot and sam

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Well. Whenever I am able to get a 43 I know what I'll be carrying it in. That looks great!
Thanks man, Im digging this Gcode clip too actually. Im typically a huuuuuge strut and soft loop fan. I'm trying to get these out into some hands other than mine to see what the general consensus is, so holler when you get your 43 and i'll get one over to you.

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
Thanks! No real unique value prop or anything in this very saturated market, just making my own and selling a few here and there to fund mine haha.
A friend of mine makes holsters, and one similar to yours is one of his most popular model. He literally cant make enough of them. Go for it man. It would be a great avenue for some side bucks. As saturated as the market is, it seems like everyone is still super busy.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
A friend of mine makes holsters, and one similar to yours is one of his most popular model. He literally cant make enough of them. Go for it man. It would be a great avenue for some side bucks. As saturated as the market is, it seems like everyone is still super busy.
That's what I hear. I was chatting with a store that stocks Cooks Holsters and they were mad that they only offer the store black color and a month wait time. I offered to stock their store and got a price list over to them, which I'm guessing had to be better than Cooks considering I can sell most everything like $15 or more bucks cheaper. Still haven't heard back though. Hit them up twice. Oh well.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
That's what I hear. I was chatting with a store that stocks Cooks Holsters and they were mad that they only offer the store black color and a month wait time. I offered to stock their store and got a price list over to them, which I'm guessing had to be better than Cooks considering I can sell most everything like $15 or more bucks cheaper. Still haven't heard back though. Hit them up twice. Oh well.

Ive run into the same thing with stores. They seem super excited, talk about how much they want your stuff, then they will never return a call. Its odd, but part of it I guess. Keep after them, they might just be real busy and forgot about it though.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Ive run into the same thing with stores. They seem super excited, talk about how much they want your stuff, then they will never return a call. Its odd, but part of it I guess. Keep after them, they might just be real busy and forgot about it though.
Yeah I'm barely set up to crank out the 100 or so they would need off the rip. Lots of late nights and a lot more materials necessary. But it would be cool. I've called back twice. I'm not really pushing it until I decide if I wanna try or just do it for myself and friends/family.

Reactions: KGmade

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Off topic I know, but do you think you could make me an IWB holster for my LCR?

Sorry for the thread jack. Please don't go off on me for 3 hours. :wink:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Off topic I know, but do you think you could make me an IWB holster for my LCR?

Sorry for the thread jack. Please don't go off on me for 3 hours. :wink:
Lmfao. More than likely. That's a pistol not a revolver right? I try to stay away from anything with too thin of a trigger guard. Makes it tenfold harder.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Lmfao. More than likely. That's a pistol not a revolver right? I try to stay away from anything with too thin of a trigger guard. Makes it tenfold harder.

It is a revolver. I have a few leather IWB holsters and a kydex pocket holster but I want a kydex IWB holster as well...it doesn't have too thin of a trigger guard(thicker than most revolvers that are around the same size at least).

SmartSelectImage_2016-08-17-16-46-02.png

The only problem is that I have a .357 so they are a little bit bigger than the .38, and I have an XS night sight on the front instead of the blade sight. I don't think that it will fit in most kydex holsters for the LCR, although I haven't really looked too hard. I really wanted to get someone local to make one. I want it to have a slight cant and have the hard clips instead of the soft loops.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
It is a revolver. I have a few leather IWB holsters and a kydex pocket holster but I want a kydex IWB holster as well...it doesn't have too thin of a trigger guard(thicker than most revolvers that are around the same size at least).

View attachment 18668

The only problem is that I have a .357 so they are a little bit bigger than the .38, and I have an XS night sight on the front instead of the blade sight. I don't think that it will fit in most kydex holsters for the LCR, although I haven't really looked too hard. I really wanted to get someone local to make one. I want it to have a slight cant and have the hard clips instead of the soft loops.
I can account for the sight no problem. What kind of hard clip? And one or two clips? I did a revolver once.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I can account for the sight no problem. What kind of hard clip? And one or two clips? I did a revolver once.

Just one, but I want it to be about 1-1/4" wide. Kinda like this one, but without the gay ass logo and I need it to fit a 1-1/4" belt...

SmartSelectImage_2016-08-17-17-02-37.png

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Just one, but I want it to be about 1-1/4" wide. Kinda like this one, but without the gay ass logo and I need it to fit a 1-1/4" belt...

View attachment 18669
Hmmm so I haven't ever seen that type of clip on a revolver holster because of the shape of the gun. There isn't a nice flat spot wide enough to mount the clip, that I've seen at least. Got a pic of one?

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Hmmm so I haven't ever seen that type of clip on a revolver holster because of the shape of the gun. There isn't a nice flat spot wide enough to mount the clip, that I've seen at least. Got a pic of one?

Nope. That's why I need somebody to make it for me. Lol...here's a pic of my kydex pocket holster though. It has a spot wide enough to put that type of clip on it looks like....

SmartSelectImage_2016-08-17-17-41-24.png

I would just need the kydex to go up a little further so that it doesn't ride so high up on my belt.