I hate to say this but I see it all the time.

GA Firing Line

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
“Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.” (Matthew 26:51-52)

Aug 17, 2015
Delray Beach
he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

It is not Jesus saying you need a sword so go buy one it is Jesus shaming the person for bringing it up.

You would look funny walking around naked with only a sword.
It may look funny to be naked with a sword but it beats being dressed on your knees begging the other guy not to behead you. I fully believe GOD put into everyone the instinct and the right for self preservation. We also know that in the garden the night they came to get Jesus, Peter cut off the ear of a soldier. Therefore, although Jesus put Peter in his place and healed the soldier, Jesus also obviously knew Peter carried a sword everywhere. Therefore, if Jesus was against the sword, why would He allow Peter to carry one?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
“Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.” (Matthew 26:51-52)
Sounds like the word of the long-haired, pacifist, welfare loving son of god. lol Anyway, I love reading NT wisdom and stories. I'm obviously an atheist, but I like the attitude of Jesus.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Naw the way I look at it, is you are given the opportunity to do the right thing..If not shit will happen, that is not conducive to a healthy life.

Reactions: Tbird1991
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

It is not Jesus saying you need a sword so go buy one it is Jesus shaming the person for bringing it up.

The word garment here is understood to mean "cloak" or "upper garment" in the original text. I'm not sure what you are trying to say but he definitely wasn't telling anyone to get naked. He is just once again tying to prepare them for what is to come which they fail to understand once again.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Noah's buddies should have sold their swords and bought water wings.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

Yep, been arrested for it twice!

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Sounds like the word of the long-haired, pacifist, welfare loving son of god. lol Anyway, I love reading NT wisdom and stories. I'm obviously an atheist, but I like the attitude of Jesus.
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

- Long Haired, Pacifist Jesus

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

- Long Haired, Pacifist Jesus
He has s little bit of "ole pa" in him for sure. Are you trying to make Jesus look more badass? Lol
Also, he didn't say he'd place a millstone around their neck, only that it would be a prefereable situation.