I finally did it...

Faktory 47

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I scratched my USP 45... Built in 1998 with 1000s of rounds through it and the finish almost still perfect...

I bought a new lock box to lock it up in the trunk of my car to keep it safe and as my "just in case" weapon. The lock box came with a cable that secures the box to the trunk. Since the USP is so big it fits in the box sort of snug... well.. there was a metal part on the cable that I was going to put tape on to prevent it from rubbing on the slide... I wanted to see exactly where it would rub on the USP and make sure everything fits before I added the tape... well... the USP was only in the box for a couple of seconds and it scratched the slide into the finish.

I'm thinking about using this as an excuse to re-blue the slide and Cerakote the frame FDE. Or should I do it fully FDE, slide and frame?

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
Or ignore it and start actually using your guns.
I spend about $300 - $400 a month on ammo, thank you very much. haha

I have about 500 rounds of 9mm, 250 rounds of 45ACP, and 1000 rounds of 5.56 sitting behind me as we speak that's going to get used very soon.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I've been meaning to clean it up anyway. The grip has dirt and shit in it... the previous owner polished the barrel and been meaning to get a threaded for it. I think I'm going to use it as my first host. It's probably my favorite firearm that I own. I've dropped it.. thrown it in the dirt.. had it on my side while doing prone on concrete... no visible of major wear.. I'm just angry that this little insignificant thing did the worst damage to the finish.

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
I've been meaning to clean it up anyway. The grip has dirt and shit in it... the previous owner polished the barrel and been meaning to get a threaded for it. I think I'm going to use it as my first host. It's probably my favorite firearm that I own. I've dropped it.. thrown it in the dirt.. had it on my side while doing prone on concrete... no visible of major wear.. I'm just angry that this little insignificant thing did the worst damage to the finish.
Looks like shit. You should sell it to me for $200 and buy something you won't mind scratching b

Reactions: Strider12 and Hoss

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
pawn-stars-meme-generator-auction-price-2-000-i-ll-give-you-like-500-for-it-abf54b.jpg