Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
... and 1 in garage
I might reconsider that one due to the popularity of the garage as an entry point for undesirables. My neighbor recently had two diddindonuffins enter his home through his garage and armed themselves on the way in. Luckily for him, they thought no one was home and began stashing their loot in the bushes outside. By the time he came up on them in the spare bedroom they had already put several of his guns in the bushes by the street. I would, at the very least, make sure that they are very cleverly hidden, but still accessible.

Reactions: sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I might reconsider that one due to the popularity of the garage as an entry point for undesirables. My neighbor recently had two diddindonuffins enter his home through his garage and armed themselves on the way in. Luckily for him, they thought no one was home and began stashing their loot in the bushes outside. By the time he came up on them in the spare bedroom they had already put several of his guns in the bushes by the street. I would, at the very least, make sure that they are very cleverly hidden, but still accessible.

have 1 corner garage where my washer and dryer are.my garage is not hooked to my house.and I do set my ADT alarm when I leave,and when im sleeping.but I agree w u about stashing wrong place in the garage and someone using my weapon to rob me.....

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015

I've always been leery of leaving guns anywhere I'm not (well hidden or not) for that specific reason; I'd hate to arm a BG if I'm in another room or away from the house. My normal routine consists of belting on my 1911 first thing in the AM and normally it doesn't come off until I go to bed. I do keep an AR hidden downstairs when I'm at home, but when I leave the house, all guns are in the safe.

Reactions: sam

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
defiantly gives me something to reconsider
It goes without saying that everyone's situation and local "threat levels" are different; your hiding spots may do the trick - my problem is that I overthink stuff too much and always err on the side of the worst case scenario my paranoid mind can make up :tinfoil3:

One day, when I have some extra time and money, you can bet I'll have something like:

Arms-Advocate-hidden-rifle-2-600x450.jpg

Arms-Advocate-hidden-rifle-4-600x450.jpg

Reactions: sam and Shemp

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
It goes without saying that everyone's situation and local "threat levels" are different; your hiding spots may do the trick - my problem is that I overthink stuff too much and always err on the side of the worst case scenario my paranoid mind can make up :tinfoil3:

One day, when I have some extra time and money, you can bet I'll have something like:

Arms-Advocate-hidden-rifle-2-600x450.jpg

Arms-Advocate-hidden-rifle-4-600x450.jpg

How'd you get in my house?

Reactions: Shemp and AirOpsMgr