Recipe How's your bird going down Turkeyday?

American Revival Apparel Company

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
You're gonna love it! For one, if it will fit in a pot, 1/4 of those measurements should work!

Didn't get the Evan Williams or cranberry yet- turned into a lazy day at home.

I'll make a run either tomorrow or Monday for the last ingredients. Looking forward to smoking the (half) bird on Wednesday. Since the family T-day is at my house this year, I'm not going to try to do everything here the morning of-

I'm going to get the turkey (half) done early, rest and refrigerate. Then rewarm it on Thursday and cook/glaze the ham.

This year I'm supposed to have the turkey and ham, yeast rolls, and green bean casserole. Family is bringing the rest.

And by the way- Thank You for the recipe! I'm planning on smoking over either peach or cherry chips. Hoping either is good on the white meat.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Didn't get the Evan Williams or cranberry yet- turned into a lazy day at home.

I'll make a run either tomorrow or Monday for the last ingredients. Looking forward to smoking the (half) bird on Wednesday. Since the family T-day is at my house this year, I'm not going to try to do everything here the morning of-

I'm going to get the turkey (half) done early, rest and refrigerate. Then rewarm it on Thursday and cook/glaze the ham.

This year I'm supposed to have the turkey and ham, yeast rolls, and green bean casserole. Family is bringing the rest.

And by the way- Thank You for the recipe! I'm planning on smoking over either peach or cherry chips. Hoping either is good on the white meat.

Peach should be good!
Be sure to baste it with some melted butter. I usually put minced garlic in the butter and try to do it every 30 mins. I keep the string on the breast, to keep shape while cooking. Remove it once I pull it off. Usually pull mine at 160 and wrap.

Cooked mine Thursday, 5 breasts, felt like temp was running hotter but the smoke looked like 250. They got done in 2.5hrs

Last edited:
Reactions: Grunk and dial1911