How do you value a old firearm

American Revival Apparel Company

Steve22

Hunter
Feb 16, 2016
Anyone know a good resource for old firearms? I have a few my grandfather left behind and would like to know the value of them.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
How old? I use the blue book of gun values for most pricing questions I have. Post the information on the guns here (or shoot me a private message) and I can try to help you with values. Pictures will also help determine condition.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I use a combination of Blue Book, forums, and other websites. I have found that while Blue Book is usually fairly accurate, occasionally it can be WAY off of what actual market value is. Forums usually have one or members that are big C&R guys that are a great resource for determining value. I've also reached out to sites like oldguns.net that specialize in collector stuff and the admins were very helpful.

Like T.L., I'd be happy to share whatever knowledge I have based on the guns you have. Good Luck!

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Agreed. The blue book is a starting point. I often search completed sales on gunbroker.com for another indication of what things actually sell for in the market.