How do you store your mags?

GA Firing Line

How do you store your mags? Loaded or Unloaded

• Total voters

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Loaded for me.

Watch out, it's a public poll.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Almost exactly the same, except that my loaded ones are pretty easy to get to.

Mine are easy to get to, whether in the ammo cans or out. I do keep a few out, including one in the gun itself. I also have empty ones laying around because I haven't put them up yet, because I either don't have very many or because I am just too damn lazy. Most likely a combination of reasons.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Mine are easy to get to, whether in the ammo cans or out. I do keep a few out, including one in the gun itself. I also have empty ones laying around because I haven't put them up yet, because I either don't have very many or because I am just too damn lazy. Most likely a combination of reasons.

Ok- never mind the "almost" part. I'm the same.

Reactions: lftd&pwrstrok'n

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Keep all mine loaded and stacked in the top shelf in my safe.

At one time I did that as well, but as time has passed, I have accumulated a bunch of spare magazines. Many of which, I don't even own the gun for anymore :( For example: I have over 100 G3 mags because I got them really cheap and the surplus will run out eventually. And, I will make bank selling them. LOL

Blackrifler42

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
At one time I did that as well, but as time has passed, I have accumulated a bunch of spare magazines. Many of which, I don't even own the gun for anymore :( For example: I have over 100 G3 mags because I got them really cheap and the surplus will run out eventually. And, I will make bank selling them. LOL

You have a PTR or Cetme??

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code
All my stuff requires belt fed, I usually just bandolier it whilst around the house and when I go out say to Walmart.

Reactions: Cudruln

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Hmmmm :lalala:. I've been thinking about a PTR for a while now.

Dude, do it. It is an awesome weapon. I am looking for an aluminum hand guard for mine and then it will be perfect. Just remember, it is an expensively hungry beast. But, in 220 rounds downrange, I had one failure to load from the magazine using steel, brass and zinc plated ammo. But, if you reload; don't think you are going to be able to save your brass because it mangles it.

Blackrifler42

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Dude, do it. It is an awesome weapon. I am looking for an aluminum hand guard for mine and then it will be perfect. Just remember, it is an expensively hungry beast. But, in 220 rounds downrange, I had one failure to load from the magazine using steel, brass and zinc plated ammo. But, if you reload; don't think you are going to be able to save your brass because it mangles it.

Yeah I'm not big on shooting expensive ammo, I'm invested in 5.56/.223 and 7.62x39. But my thought process is I could pick a case of 500 wolf 308 since I wouldn't be shooting it like I do my other calibers and be fine.

Reactions: Cudruln

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Yeah I'm not big on shooting expensive ammo, I'm invested in 5.56/.223 and 7.62x39. But my thought process is I could pick a case of 500 wolf 308 since I wouldn't be shooting it like I do my other calibers and be fine.

Yep, that is my theory as well. I was also able to pick up 1k rounds from an unmentionable site member for .40 a round. I buy a few boxes here and there and it adds up faster than you'd think. I have enough .308 to feel comfortable and unless I can get it really cheap, probably won't buy anymore.