How do you organize and store your magazines?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

txcruiser

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Smyrna
How do you organize and store the magazines for all of your guns?

I usually keep about 6-10 magazines for each gun that I own. For my normal carry guns (go between 2) I'll have 3 loaded so I'll have 1 in the gun and 2 in mag carriers. This leaves me with a several magazines that are stored, but will be Used and rotated at the range. Right now I keep them in gallon size bags, labeled, and then the bags are in a tool box. Rifle magazines are mostly stored in 2 .50cal ammo cans.

In an effort to better organize and inventory my shooting supplies, I'm looking for ideas. My initial thought was to get a couple of those plastic storage drawers, but space is kind of limited. I noticed Midway has their 6 mag pouches on sale and I'm thinking this may be a good way to go since I could just grab it and throw it in the range bag. Storage for those could be a large Rubbermaid tub.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939891251/midwayusa-6-magazine-pouch-double-stack-pistol

This will be for about 6 handguns and 2-3 rifles.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I have 10-20 loaded per firearm, and in various places for all of my "grab and go" guns. A backpack and gun case with 3 different varieties loaded up, the safe has a stack of AR and Scorpion mags ready to go, color coded based on the load in the mag.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I leave them laying around all over the fucking place. No rhyme or reason to it. Loaded, empty, broken, new in package, etc. There is a loaded Pmag in the magazine rack in my guest bathroom. No idea how it got there. Have a loaded Beretta mag in my desk drawer and I haven't owned a Beretta in at least 3 years....and have only had the desk 2.

Pretty sure I have an unopened box from dsg in my trunk with 20 Pmags I ordered after Sandy hook.

Reactions: txcruiser

txcruiser

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Smyrna
I leave them laying around all over the fucking place. No rhyme or reason to it. Loaded, empty, broken, new in package, etc. There is a loaded Pmag in the magazine rack in my guest bathroom. No idea how it got there. Have a loaded Beretta mag in my desk drawer and I haven't owned a Beretta in at least 3 years....and have only had the desk 2.

Pretty sure I have an unopened box from dsg in my trunk with 20 Pmags I ordered after Sandy hook.

Pretty sure this is how it would be if I wasn't married.

Reactions: Laufen

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Ugh, I have magazines everywhere: glove compartments, night stands, bathroom...shit, I even have a glock mag in the refrigerator...

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have a spare loaded Glock mag in my nightstand in addition to my spare that I carry. I also have one in my truck, my garage, and my upstairs bathroom.

I have a spare AR mag with my rifle and one upstairs as well.

I have a duffle bag with 10 Loaded AR mags and 3 loaded Glock mags and a couple hundred loose rounds loose for each. This is my grab and go ammo bag.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I have drawers in my gun room where I keep my magazines separated. I only keep magazines loaded for certain weapons.

For my primary AR, I keep 6 mags loaded with "good" ammo (currently Hornady TAP 60grn VMAX, but I'm switching to Hornady TAP 70grn GMX Barrier) and 15 training mags loaded with M193. The TAP mags are in a Larue M4 soft case and the 15 training mags are in a Pelican case.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
shit, I even have a glock mag in the refrigerator...

This surprises no one. Good news is, it brings a whole new meaning to a "fresh" mag.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I have most of my empty mags in cardboard boxes, in the basement. As a general rule, I like to have at least 50 mags per rifle. I had no idea how many AR mags I have at moment, but it's a lot... I have 3 AK mags, and I don't even have a AK anymore. I do need to get more .308 AR mags, I only have 5 of them.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I am unsure how many mags I have. Most of mine are still new in wrapper, sitting in the corner of my gun room. I continously buy ar47 mags whenever they are available, since those are my primary 3 rifles. I have never kept track of the ak mags. Hopefully one day soon I can make time and go through all my stuff to see where I am at, just gotta make sure the wife won't be there. Lol

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I like these for rifle mags...

cvmrc2941t-03_1024x1024.jpg

CVMRC2941T_1024x1024.jpg

http://ncstaroutlet.com/collections/shooters-gear-accessories/products/mag-ready-carrier-tan

Kaotiktribe

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
half loaded.......half not. Still have unopened boxes of Pmags from a while ago.

at least 20 loaded though for AR's not counting loaded drums.

Pistols 10+ loaded

I dont have mags in random places though. All in safe, car, or range-SHTF-INCH-bags.