Holy snakes alive!!!!! What a rattler!!!

Howard Law
M

mukwah

ebu2a6ut.jpg

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

M

mukwah

Re: Re: Holy snakes alive!!!!! What a rattler!!!

SkipD said:
Izzat you holding the snake, Muk?
Lordy no skip! I wish I was that young and nice looking! LOL
This dude and his dad were in a ground blind hog hunting and the snake poked his head in and POW POW!!!!!!

R

rayzer007

YIKES! When he rattled it must have sounded like a thunderstorm! That thing is one reason to love New York State!

Ray

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
If Boone and Crockett give you points for a Musk Ox then what the heck they give you for a Rattlesnake like that?

OBC

M

mukwah

Two shots from a .22, head shots I think. Said they found baby pig rib bones inside him. Humm, must have just had some Bar-B-Q! LOL;D

M

mukwah

They said his fangs were over 1 1/2" long.....ouch!

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
rayzer007 said:
What would a setup like that cost Doug?

Ray

I'm not sure. Snake is hard to work with and especially when burnishing the edges. If I had to guess I'd think the rig would be 200-300 maybe more. I would likely not even attempt it. I had a local customer bring me a snake he killed and wanted me to use it on a holster. He was the one that tanned the skin and it looked bad and there was no way I was using that thing.

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
Ray, as a former NYer (Cheektowaga) let me remind you that Western NY from Batavia west, is home to the Massasauga, a form of pygmy rattler. The Catskills and Andirondacks harbor both Copperheads and Timber Rattlers. In the 34 years living there, I never saw any of them.

Living in Florida for 27 years and I've seen 2 cottonmouths and 2 pygmy rattlers. They don't want anything to do with humans and will always try to escape. They are potent rodent control.

R

rayzer007

zingbee said:
Ray, as a former NYer (Cheektowaga) let me remind you that Western NY from Batavia west, is home to the Massasauga, a form of pygmy rattler. The Catskills and Andirondacks harbor both Copperheads and Timber Rattlers. In the 34 years living there, I never saw any of them.

Living in Florida for 27 years and I've seen 2 cottonmouths and 2 pygmy rattlers. They don't want anything to do with humans and will always try to escape. They are potent rodent control.

I did not know any of that! I have seen a lot of garden snakes on Grand Island, but that's all. Thanks for the good lesson Zingbee! ;)

Ray

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
zingbee said:

There is a little corner of Indiana that also has the Massasauga rattler, clear up toward Chicago land.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
mayonardo said:
Perspective is a tricky thing. The snake is three or four feet away from the person holding the end of the stick it is hanging from and right up against the camera. It is big, but not that big.

Being the photographer that I am (and I teach perspective control on a big photo forum), I should have noticed that too. Thanks, Mayo.