Holster wardrobe

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Just as you have a wardrobe of clothes that you use to fit different circumstances, so do most of us have a holster wardrobe for the same reason.
Summer demands different holsters than winter. A day of active pursuits requires different holsters that when you will be trapped, sitting on your butt most of the time.

A good holster and carry position for your LCP won't be so good for your model 1911. But, all holsters must meet some minimum requirements: secure (keeps your gun in place and secure from a negligent discharge), accessible (while holding it securely, the holster must not impede your access or draw), comfort (a minimum level of tolerance so that you can, and will, carry always and all day).

No one holster can meet all of these needs, at least in my opinion, so that means a conscientious person will end up with a number of favored holsters.

I posted a long piece expanding in these thoughts on my blog, sdcarry.blogspot.com. I hope we can carry those ideas forward here and subject them to your own ideas and criticisms. I look forward to it.

Mayo.
iPhone & Tapatalk

M

mukwah

Thanks Mayo! After reading that I don't feel nearly as bad about having so many holsters for each handgun I own!!!^-^

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
mukwah said:
Thanks Mayo! After reading that I don't feel nearly as bad about having so many holsters for each handgun I own!!!^-^
Amen...my thoughts exactly! And I still want more holsters! :mad: Yogi :eek: