HK or Glock

Howard Law

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
Hk the original polymer gun and gets respect and demands high prices.

Glock striker fired polymer pistol and runs 1/2 the price with 1/2 the respect.

To this day I cannot bring myself to own a HK not just because of price but because of constant rusting guts.....

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I couldn't care less about name brand or brand respect, but after owning both, I tend to lean towards HK for their Match trigger option. I've tried a bunch of different Glock trigger upgrades in the past and have not found any that come close to the HK match.

With all of that said, I'll still take a 1911 over any Glock or HK :D

Eagle01

Scout
Aug 12, 2015
I've run an FNP45, several 1911s, and an HK45C for my EDC for years. The FNP got ditched quick for being heavy, massive (with the ergos of a cinder block), having supply issues, and being mechanically unsound. The 1911s were great but for some reliability issues (I have a habit of killing barrels and links) and printing. I picked up an HK45C a couple years ago for EDC (the 1911 still resides on my rig) because it had a smaller footprint than the 1911 but with the same capacity. The ergos of the HK are far and above better than the FN, but slightly worse than the 1911 (with the exception of the trigger guard mag release... love that thing...). The safety position sucks and the decocker is too easy to activate if you ride the lever like a 1911. I've only had one non decocker related issue and that was due to mold. (Stay far away from frog lube...) I do, however, hate the cost of anything for them.

So, after all that, I've decided to move on. I'm going to be picking up a Gen 4 Glock 19 soon (hopefully in OD, yea, I'm *that* guy). After handling and firing glocks for a while the Gen 4s with the mid back straps fit my hands perfectly and point exactly. Plus .45 isn't exactly (near) free for me anymore. So both the HK and 1911 are soon to be replaced by the Glock. Although, if I could find a decent one for a decent price I'd make a CZ P01 Shadow my rig gun.