High School Football

American Revival Apparel Company
H

Hoss

Anyone else a big fan of high school football? We have always been fans. Back in the 90's I traveled all over the United States for work and my wife and I would always hit up the local games on Friday nights. It felt like home and made the long trips more bearable.

To me, there's nothing like sitting in the stands on a crisp fall evening with my family. The move to Jasper Co a few years ago took our love of Friday night lights to a whole new level. Our boys play at Rose Bowl field in Monticello, GA. The field they play on is nothing special to look at and is, in fact, wholly inadequate by today's standards. But, Jasper Co High has been playing football on this field since 1926 and the kids know it's an honor to play on the same turf that their great great grandfathers played on 90 years ago. In Monticello, where we live, Friday night football games are a community event with people from all over our vast county coming to the game, whether they have kids playing or not. We are a football town and the fact that the "new clubhouse" was built during the Korean War is a testament to the traditions of this county and its lone high school.

Or first official home game of the season is a week away and I'm stoked.

Tell me about your home team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Used to play 8 man football because our school was too small for 11 man. The town down the road had to play 6 man. It was a fucking track meet. Great players came out of those little schools too. Some went to play for Nebraska, Stanford, and Notre Dame..from 8 man and 6 man teams. Tough , scrappy, hard working farm kids.

Reactions: sam and Hoss

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I LOVE high school football. We had our first regular season game last Friday up in Dahlonega, and our first regular season home game is this Friday.

I don't miss a single game if I can help it. My kid is in the band, so I don't feel like such a weirdo.

H

Hoss

Used to play 8 man football because our school was too small for 11 man. The town down the road had to play 6 man. It was a fucking track meet. Great players came out of those little schools too. Some went to play for Nebraska, Stanford, and Notre Dame..from 8 man and 6 man teams. Tough , scrappy, hard working farm kids.

That's awesome. We were in Moline, Iowa for a few months back in 1996. We found a local team to root for that had 11 players on the team. That never left the field, lost every game and had more fans than the big schools they played every week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That's awesome. Www were in Moline, Iowa for a few months back in 1996. We found a local team to root for that had 11 players on the team. That never left the field, lost every game and had more fans than the big schools they played every week.
Here's a little proof. Chris went to Harvard, but we had a number of guys go to big time college teams too. I used to play against Chris in football and basketball, and he was damned good. He came from a little town about 20 minutes from my house, probably less than 300 people.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1999/11/18/from-the-prairie-to-the-pigskin/

H

Hoss

Just got home from our first home game of 2015. Our boys lost 20/15 to Walnut Grove. Awesome game though and a packed home side, as always.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Just got home from our first home game of 2015. Our boys lost 20/15 to Walnut Grove. Awesome game though and a packed home side, as always.

Bummer. We won tonight, we are now 2-0.

I'm not sure how they won tonight, Sonoraville was a much better faster team. Guess they just got lucky.

Reactions: Hoss

jwtug

Tamer of Electrons
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Dixie (and Powder Springs)
Zip code
First game I've been to since I graduated. Man this place is nice.

a6a2be4d5c2e3146b560c1547c6da2ee.jpg