Here's my newest truck gun

Howard Law

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
20151119_170715.jpg

Here it is for the time being. I need 3 more things to finish it off. I need to find a 5" flash hider that's threaded 1/2x28 that I can put on it to bring the 5" barrel out from under that handguard that's on there now. It's got the law tactical folder on there so I need to make a bolt carrier extension to put on it to extend the bolt to the buffer. I've got the pieces drawn up on paper, I just need to build them (really wish I had a lathe). And of course it needs a sight of some sort, I need to take the red dot off the 300blk upper and put on here but for the time being it's on the 300blk so I can hunt with it.

If anyone has a take off 5" flash hider ...let me know

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Nice looking pistola. What's the lower and upper of this sub? Do they make a 5" flash hider? I've never seen one.

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
Nice looking pistola. What's the lower and upper of this sub? Do they make a 5" flash hider? I've never seen one.
Old 11" barrelled guns have had the long 5" flash hider, most were pinned on to bring a barrel to 16" and not an SBR. Colt commandos used them for a while if I remember correctly

Reactions: DoglegArms

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
The lower is an Aero Precision Pew/No Pew lower with an American Spirit Arms mag block to take Uzi mags and the upper is one I had just kicking around. Only thing actually bought to build this was the mag block, mag, bolt and barrel.

I'm going to look to see if I can find round bar stock in the diameters needed for the bolt extension so I can make it in my garage with the tools I have on hand.

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
Looks like McMaster Carr has what I need to be able to build my extension. A piece of keyed shaft, and just a piece of rod ...

$15 for materials and probably 2 hours of time ...

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
The mad scientist pulls it off.
Nice job cool gun !

image.gif

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
You need some badass custom kydex for that thing. Of course, that's just my perspective from the outside looking in. ;)

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Looks like McMaster Carr has what I need to be able to build my extension. A piece of keyed shaft, and just a piece of rod ...

$15 for materials and probably 2 hours of time ...
Check out Zoro.com as they are getting into the hardware biz. I used them for the shoulder bolt I needed to replace the one on my M11/9 slow fire bolt.

becausefu

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
my house
You need some badass custom kydex for that thing. Of course, that's just my perspective from the outside looking in. ;)
I need to find a slim free float tube that isn't railed .....then watch out. I might pick up one of the UTG carbine length rails just for a project .....