Here kitty kitty kitty

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Something was digging holes under my garage in living there. I thought it was a groundhog. So I set a muskrat trap under there.
This sure doesn't look like a groundhog.

photobucket-25968-1345751098638.jpg

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

R

rayzer007

Rich-
If it's still alive; and you did decide to let it go; I very much doubt it would return to the scene of the crime! :D :eek:

Ray

bluewater1

Hunter
Jun 7, 2012
Alachua, Florida
That's a woods kitty. One zapped my dog about a year ago in my back yard. Fortunately, I already knew about the chemical formula to immediately neutralize skunk spray.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
This picture reminds me of a nerve racking event. I was deer hunting with a good friend on his family's property in the Texas Hill Country. It is tough hunting. We sit in a barn that is located right next to a huge oat field. We sit in the barn with the windows open and wait for the deer to jump on the field to eat the oats. Pick one out and blast away.

Well one day we are in the barn between a window and a pile of lumber that was in the barn. We are looking for deer and a skunk comes out from under the wood pile about 3 feet away from us and we are standing shoulder to shoulder. I whisper, "skunk, don't move". The skunk walked right up to the feet of my friend. The skunk puts his two front feet/paws on my buddies boot and starts sniffing. It was for about 10-15 seconds of sniffing with its feet on his boot. It seemed like an eternity. Then it turned around and waddled out of the barn without spraying. We dodged a bullet that day!

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Last 2 out of 3 weeks I came within 10 feet of running in to one at the camper. Same little fellow has an almost white tail, comes out round 10 pm. What chemical did you find bluewater1. I have a feeling me or someone else may need it in the near future?

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
We found a family of them living under our front deck. It's lovely sitting there with a cold drink and see them parade out about sunset. We did a mothball application and they were gone the next day.

We have a good supply of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish detergent to bathe the dog if (when) she runs afoul of one of them.

bluewater1

Hunter
Jun 7, 2012
Alachua, Florida
Hey Ron - The formula was designed by a chemist to clean his lab. It neutralizes the stinky compounds instead of just masking or buffering them like tomato juice. For a dog the size of a beagle, mix 1 quart of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and some mild detergent like Dawn (to break up the oils). Use the mixture immediately, while the chemical reaction is going off. I just dipped a rag into the bucket and rubbed it into the dog's coat. Be careful around the eyes. Then rinse thoroughly. I doubled the amounts for my 60lb. dog. He was odor-free and I was able to bring him into the house right after treatment. http://www.bricktownvet.com/handouts/skunk.pdf