Henry .22lr

GA Firing Line

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
My first rifle ever is a Henry .22lr Lever Action. The old scope was cheap and finally broke and I don't trust the irons at all. I want to mount a tiny red dot I have laying around on it. Do the make a rail mount adapter for a standard rifle mount?

Also, the finish on it is shit. Any suggestions on what I can do with it? It comes off easier than spray paint.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/131854/marbles-tang-peep-sight-henry-22-golden-boy-steel-blue

Have you considered a tang sight? A company also makes a peep sight to replace the buckhorn. A guy at my gun club has the tang on his and its excellent.

Do you have the gold, silver, or black receiver? How old is it?
I got it in the 90s.

Here is one exactly like mine.
Henry-Frontier-22LR-Rifle-courtesy-James-Grant1.jpg

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
The tang sight is nice, but a little pricey.

It does make you feel like a cowboy sniper, or Quigley down under when you're shooting it though.

Bigr hamr

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
Cartersville
My first rifle ever is a Henry .22lr Lever Action. The old scope was cheap and finally broke and I don't trust the irons at all. I want to mount a tiny red dot I have laying around on it. Do the make a rail mount adapter for a standard rifle mount?

Also, the finish on it is shit. Any suggestions on what I can do with it? It comes off easier than spray paint.
That's the norm for finishes on the Henry's . I have one also. They're not blued but painted. So that's exactly what I will do when I start on it. You can spend money and have it cerakoted, to each his own. The basic rifles aren't expensive so why drop a lot of coin into it.

Bigr hamr

Hunter
Mar 24, 2015
Cartersville
The tang sight is nice, but a little pricey.

It does make you feel like a cowboy sniper, or Quigley down under when you're shooting it though.
Good point. I'm also considering threading mine and sights will be difficult to see over the suppressor, scope or red dot, I guess it depends on its use.