help me pick cerakote

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
So I jacked up the finish on the slide of my M&P and I am going to send it to @FatAlbert for cerakote.

Help me out with some suggestions on color or pattern? just the slide or whole gun? The 2.0 has the sandpaper feeling grips so maybe fatalbert can tell me if they can be coated well?

Reactions: Leshaire

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
Graphite black and SOCOM blue look really good and damn near close to bluing if you're doing just the slide. Unless you're going for crazy colors, then IDK.

Reactions: FatAlbert

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
My least favorite part of my job is picking out colors or patterns for people cause everyones taste is very personal. I like it when people know exactly what they want and just want me to make it happen.

I like the black, greys and metallic colors best, or traditional earth colors like OD and FDE. Some people are anal as fuck about which shade of the 50 shades of FDE they're going to go with. Some people like Zombie Green and blood splatter.

As far as your frame goes I can Cerakote it no problem. I haven't done a M&P 2.0 frame yet but I don't see where it would be an issue.

Reactions: scand

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
My least favorite part of my job is picking out colors or patterns for people cause everyones taste is very personal. I like it when people know exactly what they want and just want me to make it happen.

I like the black, greys and metallic colors best, or traditional earth colors like OD and FDE. Some people are anal as fuck about which shade of the 50 shades of FDE they're going to go with. Some people like Zombie Green and blood splatter.

As far as your frame goes I can Cerakote it no problem. I haven't done a M&P 2.0 frame yet but I don't see where it would be an issue.
I'll pay you $10 if you completely disregard what color he wants and coat it in neon pink and green dick-o-flage

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Robin's egg blue. It'll match your purse wonderfully!

Also, in for the story about how you jacked up the finish on the M&P.

Fuck that. My purse is pink bitch.

My cheap ass sight pusher doesn’t work very well on the angled sides of the M&P and slipped.
image.jpg

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

I totally understand that. Luckily when it comes to specific shades I am not too picky. I am leaning toward a FDE sincethe 5” 2.0 is that color and I kind of like it.

It’s going to come to you for sure, what is your turnaround time?

Also, can you coat lights?

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Tell me more about this dick-o-flage
101859965.jpg

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I totally understand that. Luckily when it comes to specific shades I am not too picky. I am leaning toward a FDE sincethe 5” 2.0 is that color and I kind of like it.

It’s going to come to you for sure, what is your turnaround time?

Also, can you coat lights?

I can do lights. If the body will disassemble form the glass bulb and electronics I'll sand blast and cure it like anything else. For lights that don't disassemble I just lightly scuff, mask and cure at a lower temp like I do optics. It's not as durable when done like that but still more durable than any other colored finish on the market.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I can do lights. If the body will disassemble form the glass bulb and electronics I'll sand blast and cure it like anything else. For lights that don't disassemble I just lightly scuff, mask and cure at a lower temp like I do optics. It's not as durable when done like that but still more durable than any other colored finish on the market.
Good to know. I plan to get the TLR-7 when it’s released and I would want t to match the frame if I do the whole gun.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
My least favorite part of my job is picking out colors or patterns for people cause everyones taste is very personal.
I’ve been painting cars for 20 years. I paint about 2,000 cars per year. About 500 of those ask me what I think when they’re trying to pick a color. I used to try to be helpful and objective now I just say black. If you’re trying to decide between green and purple and you ask me what I think, I’m telling you to paint it black.

FatAlbert

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I’ve been painting cars for 20 years. I paint about 2,000 cars per year. About 500 of those ask me what I think when they’re trying to pick a color. I used to try to be helpful and objective now I just say black. If you’re trying to decide between green and purple and you ask me what I think, I’m telling you to paint it black.
That's me. If they make me choose it's gonna back or grey.