Have you ever

GA Firing Line

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Have you ever had to live in a place where you were unable to legally possess firearms?

What were the circumstances, how did you feel about it?

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Yes. Romania. I was in a couple dangerous situations in Bucharest but nobody had guns so getting out of it meant being loud and aggressive. Even small groups would back off thinking you might be insane. I rarely walked or rode the trains alone though.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yes. Romania. I was in a couple dangerous situations in Bucharest but nobody had guns so getting out of it meant being loud and aggressive. Even small groups would back off thinking you might be insane. I rarely walked or rode the trains alone though.
It's a pretty terrible feeling knowing that you are unable to have a gun. I've lived in some places over the years where that was the case, and I can honestly say it really affected how much I could enjoy living there. I felt like I was living in a daycare, and that's hard to explain to someone that isn't a "gun person". Honestly I wish I could feel happy and content without guns, but just choose to own them for fun, defense, and mechanical nerdiness, but I can't. After living in no fewer than 3 countries and one state where I was unable to have a gun, I can say it greatly affected the quality of my life. I felt like a duck without a pond.

For a lot of people I think guns represent independence, self-reliance, a mutual respect between the citizenry and the government, and responsibility. What happens when you take those things from adults? I can tell you that I felt a true void in my life.

Last edited:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Germany, England, and two short stints in France and Italy. It sucked...though Germany wasn't that bad. If I could own the guns I wanted or at all in Germany I might just live there.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
It's a pretty terrible feeling knowing that you are unable to have a gun. I've lived in some places over the years where that was the case, and I can honestly say it really affected how much I could enjoy living there. I felt like I was living in a daycare, and that's hard to explain to someone that isn't a "gun person". Honestly I wish I could feel happy and content without guns, but just choose to own them for fun, defense, and mechanical nerdiness, but I can't. After living in no fewer than 3 countries and one state where I was unable to have a gun, I can say it greatly affected the quality of my life. I felt like a duck without a pond.

For a lot of people I think guns represent independence, self-reliance, a mutual respect between the citizenry and the government, and responsibility. What happens when you take those things from adults? I can tell you that I felt a true void in my life.
I'm adaptable. After a week I really didn't think about it.

Growing up in the early 80s NYC you weren't supposed to carry but we all did. At that time you could still own weapons. My uncle had 15-20 rifles and shottys.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm adaptable. After a week I really didn't think about it.

Growing up in the early 80s NYC you weren't supposed to carry but we all did. At that time you could still own weapons. My uncle had 15-20 rifles and shottys.
I guess maybe my upbringing has something to do with it. I slept with my first bb gun beside me in bed for about a month after I got it for my 4th birthday, lol.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
4 years in Korea and last year in Djibouti. Korea wasn't bad because it's pretty safe there. Djibouti really sucked though. It's dangerous there and you can see in some people's eyes that they had bad intentions.

Reactions: Mac11FA and Laufen

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
4 years in Korea and last year in Djibouti. Korea wasn't bad because it's pretty safe there. Djibouti really sucked though. It's dangerous there and you can see in some people's eyes that they had bad intentions.

mmm.... keygogi

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Germany, England, and two short stints in France and Italy. It sucked...though Germany wasn't that bad. If I could own the guns I wanted or at all in Germany I might just live there.
Yeah, if it weren't for the gun laws I could live in the South of France, no problemo.

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Oh yeah for sure. We lived in Aix en Provence for a summer. Aside from being dirt poor it was unbelievable.
A Frenchman would say "oui, but it was French dirt so you were rich"