Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!!

Howard Law

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope y'all will be with family today.

Today is really special for us. Not only is it Thanksgiving, but it is my Dad's 91st birthday. Believe it or not, he still plays tennis a couple times a week. Unfortunately, he's in San Antonio and we are in Wisconsin today. At least, thanks to Mr. Bell, we'll be able to chat with him.

In addition, we remember this day for what happened in Dallas in 1963.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow gun nuts. This is my favorite holiday. Sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas, we have not found a way to commercialize and ruin it. Just a day to be thankful for how blessed we are and to spend time with our family.

M

mukwah

Happy Thanksgiving to all and a special thanks for the fellowship and comradary of this forum!

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Happy Turkey Day to all my Forum Friends! May we all give thanks for everything we have & may we spend time today with family to celebrate! After family, all else is relevant! Enjoy the day everyone! Yogi 8)

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Happy Thanksgiving.
Yep turkey dressing cranberry sauce pumpkin pie what more would a guy want.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

M

mukwah

Well, had a wonderful Thanksgiving with loved ones! I still had a turkey my wife bought and decided to go ahead and cook it today. My wife was watching and as I reached across to rub spices on the oppisite side of the bird my shirt pulled up and my LC9 peeked out. She said "dear, why do you need your gun to cook a turkey". All I could say is "if this is one of those Zombie turkeys then I'm ready for him". Got a big 'eye roll', don't think she thought that was very funny! :'(

M

mukwah

Talk about multi-tasking!! I'm sitting here entering a forum entry and a few minutes ago I was in the kitchen with a meat thermometer ckecking the temp on the turkey while in my rubber gloves and face mask between coats of dura coat paint on the .22!! Who says guys can't multi task in the home? :p

R

rayzer007

mukwah said:
Who says guys can't multi task in the home? :p

As long as one of the tasks involved is firearm related, they can all be done, and done well! ;D

Ray

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
we had a pretty good Thanksgiving. my parents came to Louisville from Dallas and my wife cooked an awesome turkey (first time in 22yrs). my dad brought me a rifle that I left at his house 9yrs ago. it was a NIB Winchester 94 30-30 that I had won. he's an avid hog hunter and over the past 9yrs he's taken hundreds of pigs, deer, coyotes, etc with it and I was happy to see it put to good use. sadly though, my dad sucks at caring for firearms and it now looks like an 80yr old rifle. I think he may have clubbed some of those pigs with it. I'll be picking your brains soon about rust removal, stock repair/replace and touching up bluing.

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
yz9890 said:
we had a pretty good Thanksgiving. my parents came to Louisville from Dallas and my wife cooked an awesome turkey (first time in 22yrs). my dad brought me a rifle that I left at his house 9yrs ago. it was a NIB Winchester 94 30-30 that I had won. he's an avid hog hunter and over the past 9yrs he's taken hundreds of pigs, deer, coyotes, etc with it and I was happy to see it put to good use. sadly though, my dad sucks at caring for firearms and it now looks like an 80yr old rifle. I think he may have clubbed some of those pigs with it. I'll be picking your brains soon about rust removal, stock repair/replace and touching up bluing.
Sorry about the condition of your returned rifle, however, if you can pass it off as an 80 year old rife it may be even more valuable?

M

mukwah

Nothing that a little time, patience, and lot of elbow grease can't fix! Any questions just ask away! Someone will be able to help for sure!! How about some pics when you get a chance? ;)

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
RICHGCOOP said:
We Call it character.

it's got character out the wazoo.

it doesn't need to look new and i like guns that scream "I'm no safe queen!" I just want to arrest its decline. there's a gouge in the wood forend that snags gloves and rifle bags i want to fix also.

I'll put some photos in a new thread soon.