Gunpowder residue

American Revival Apparel Company

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
My niece came up to visit us a few months back. I showed her my gun collection and left her hold some of them.
The next day when she went through airport security they pulled her off to the side. They wanted to know how she got gun powder residue in her hair.
They must have some real sensitive equipment.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

R

rayzer007

It's a good thing you and your wife drove to Florida Rich; if you had tried to fly, you would have permanently damaged the gunpowder sniffing machine! :D

Ray

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
The funny thing is there's almost no answer you can give that they can act on. "I put it on my corn flakes" is my answer.

R

rayzer007

yz9890 said:
"I put it on my corn flakes" is my answer.

That was always my answer when people would ask what time of the day I usually started drinking whiskey. Glad those "bad old days" are over! :eek:

Ray

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Re: Re: Gunpowder residue

SkipD said:
How much of a bother were the officials, Rich? Did they let your niece go right away?

After she explained I was showing her my guns they left to go.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Just think how much residue we would have on after our six hour or more normal shooting session.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

R

rayzer007

RICHGCOOP said:
Maybe I should keep my guns cleaner.

From the looks of the targets you usually post Rich, I'd say they shoot just fine with your present level of maintenance!

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Who doesn't put gun powder on their hair? Next time, in order to avoid such nonsense tell her to shampoo with Hoppes.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I told her to use the number 9 shampoo but it sorta went over her head. Had to explain it to her. LOL

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
RICHGCOOP said:
I told her to use the number 9 shampoo but it sorta went over her head. Had to explain it to her. LOL

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Yea, #9 works well, but I started using Ballistol and will never go back. Gives the hair a very nice sheen and I can shine my shoes with it.

M

mukwah

Nothing beats CLP for sheen and manageability!;D

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.