GunBroker.com question

Faktory 47
M

mukwah

OK, what are you guys thoughts on buying a firearm through this place? ???

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL. Gun Broker is Caveat Emptor an old Latin Phrase meaning "Let the Buyer Beware". I've bid on and purchased several antique firearms (Per the BATF made before 1899!).

As Skip suggested, I always check out the Sellers Ratings, History or anything else I could find out about them before joining in the bidding. That takes a lot of research, not just on the seller but on what it being auctioned. I've seen some ridiculous bidding on some real questionable stuff. If you decide to give it a go, set yourself a maximum bid limit and don't go over it. Also get a clarification of their return policy.

Good luck.

R

rayzer007

Id' say it depends on what you're buying (new/used), and who you're buying from (1st time seller/someone with 1,000 sales). I would use the service after careful evaluation of all aspects of the transaction. Like Bill said "Caveat Emptor." It's not all good, it's not all bad. There are horror stories, there are praises. Probably no guarantees, but that's life! I check there several times a day.

Ray

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
I have bought several guns on gunbroker.....Just be sure to read the feedback ratings of the seller.....

Some sellers post very good photos and serial numbers.....And you can request more photos or info from the seller

Some sellers post fuzzy and not clear photos.....I tend to not bid on those......

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
mukwah,

My advice mirrors what the others have said.

I've bought 2 guns on gunbroker, and both purchases went great with no surprises.

I bought one new (S&W M&P 357 sig) from a dealer, and one used (FN FiveseveN) from an individual. The dealer is a very reputable one with great feedback. The individual was a new seller, so I called him and spoke with him before bidding.

Just a suggestion; if you haven't, check to see if there is an online classifieds forum in your state. Here in Virginia, we have www.vatrader.com and I have bought several firearms listed there. The vast majority of the sales are face to face, but dealers will sometimes post listings for FFL sales as well.

Hope this helps.

gunjunkie

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Texas Panhandle
I've bought three, two were used, through Gunbroker and all went smooth. Like the others have said, I only bought from sellers with a high count of sales and good ratings.

M

mukwah

OK, now I'm excited! I took everyone's advice and checked out the seller who had a stellar rating! Now I'm the owner of a NIB Ruger GP100 .357mag. that I bid on at GunBroker. Here's a pic from the seller. Now to get it here!
egagu3uv.jpg

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

R

rayzer007

Congratulations Muk; I'm sure you'll have it in a few days!

Ray

Sontag_Shooter

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
Sontag/Blue Ridge VA
Congrats, mukwah!

She's a beauty. I would love to have one of those; I've read nothing but great things about the GP100.

(We do expect you to post more pics and a range report as soon as you get it.). 8)

Gealousy

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
I bought some mags on there last week (first purchase). Sent my USPS money order off to the guy, now just waiting for reciprocation ... Ha!

M

mukwah

Well, payment made, FFL info in sellers hands, shipping in the AM! OOOOOLA!!!!

R

rayzer007

You'll prove the system works Muk, and works well; two customers of GunBroker will both get what they wanted! 8) 8)

Ray

M

mukwah

At my LGS waiting on my background check to clear and take home my new Ruger! Never knew you had to do that on a FFL transfer, but then this is my first. I'll post pics later ( after the wifey goes to sleep).