Gun Rights and Family Feuds

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I just had to delete a post from my sister that was made on my bi-weekly Sunday Gunday Funday post that I usually stick up on FB. Usually it's some range photos and short reviews from an afternoon of shooting at the range with friends.
Anyway, otherwise we kind of get along...she does live 1000 miles away though so that helps. I just won't stand for bullshit comments to be made on my posts that weren't even political in the first place.

I'm sure it'll cause some family tension, but at this point I don't fucking care. I do, but I'm not going to cow tow to her bullshit.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Reactions: Shemp and sam

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Not in my family, but my south ga. redneck buddy married into a British family. They have some spirited holiday dinner debates.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
My girlfriend is really Liberal. Once we got into a huge argument because I refused to go to a party at her friends house without some sort of firearm on me. My compromise was CCing the SW J-Frame instead of the Glock 19.

Also, my bothers wife is very anti-gun. She got mad at him for buying a safe and bringing home our grandfather's 20 Gauge.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
My girlfriend is really Liberal. Once we got into a huge argument because I refused to go to a party at her friends house without some sort of firearm on me. My compromise was CCing the SW J-Frame instead of the Glock 19.

Also, my bothers wife is very anti-gun. She got mad at him for buying a safe and bringing home our grandfather's 20 Gauge.
What's wrong with your family that ya'll go out looking for women who oppose your core beliefs? That seems odd to me.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
My brother in law is kinda liberal, but he is reasonable. He knows I carry and sees me with a gun on my hip just about everytime we see each other. We actually have good debates on gun control because he will actually admit when he has incorrect info or doesnt understand something.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Fuc your sister. I haven't sooke to my one and only sister in like 7-8 years. I don't do "family" things. Haven't seen my parents in 6 years barley speak to em. I talk to my brother every couple months Reason I moved south! Only people that matter to me live under my roof and my son that lives in the barracks. Rest of em can fuc straight off

All my family doesn't like guns. And my dad is a Vietnam vet was a marine 10 years and was national guards 10 years and he's a gun hater

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
My brother in law is kinda liberal, but he is reasonable. He knows I carry and sees me with a gun on my hip just about everytime we see each other. We actually have good debates on gun control because he will actually admit when he has incorrect info or doesnt understand something.
Cool, just don't call it "gun control". Not that it's any of my business, but it kind of is.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Fuc your sister. I haven't sooke to my one and only sister in like 7-8 years. I don't do "family" things. Haven't seen my parents in 6 years barley speak to em. I talk to my brother every couple months Reason I moved south! Only people that matter to me live under my roof and my son that lives in the barracks. Rest of em can fuc straight off

All my family doesn't like guns. And my dad is a Vietnam vet was a marine 10 years and was national guards 10 years and he's a gun hater
I never understood veterans that are anti 2a, but it seems to be more and more common these days.

Reactions: sam

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Well, I don't want to alienate family. I love my nieces dearly, and my brother in law (who has a massive amount of firearms). Usually we eliminate issues by not talking about guns.
The last time we had an argument was in NJ, and I kicked her out of my house.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I never understood veterans that are anti 2a, but it seems to be more and more common these days.

We never had a gun in the house growing up. My husband was the one that introduced me to guns and age 21 bought my first gun.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Well, I don't want to alienate family. I love my nieces dearly, and my brother in law (who has a massive amount of firearms). Usually we eliminate issues by not talking about guns.
The last time we had an argument was in NJ, and I kicked her out of my house.

I don't fight with anyone. I just don't talk to anyone. Lol

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
We never had a gun in the house growing up. My husband was the one that introduced me to guns and age 21 bought my first gun.
I like that guy.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Cool, just don't call it "gun control". Not that it's any of my business, but it kind of is.
why cant I call it gun control? That is what the government is attempting to do is it not? control what and where citizens can or cannot have guns?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
why cant I call it gun control? That is what the government is attempting to do is it not? control what and where citizens can or cannot have guns?
It insinuates that inanimate objects require control to be safe. It's all marketing, some more subversive than others. When talking with anti-friends I use "human-rights" or "the right of self-defense" (positive) rather than the negative of assuming that guns need control to be rendered safe. It's important..it really is.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It insinuates that inanimate objects require control to be safe. It's all marketing, some more subversive than others. When talking with anti-friends I use "human-rights" or "the right of self-defense" (positive) rather than the negative of assuming that guns need control to be rendered safe. It's important..it really is.
my BIL isnt really anti gun, I dont take the argument to him as a human rights argument more of a common sense this is why these laws dont work and this is how stupid the ATF is type stuff. He agrees on the self defense aspect of firearms, he has more concern with mag capacity, BG checks, etc....... he is a smart guy and doesnt let the media terribly twist his judgement.

Reactions: Laufen