Gun Rights Activism

Faktory 47

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Last summer at my parent's house I finally convinced my wife to come out while my brother in law and I were shooting. I thought it would be fun to put 2 pounds of tannerite out in the field and hit it with the AR. Her response, "Uh yeah, I'm going back inside." "That reminds me of war and makes me incredibly sad."

I failed.
:(
Well that does sound like the default response from a college professor. So yeah, cyborg.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
Take people out shooting. Teach them about gun safety and responsible gun ownership. Show them that guns don't have a mind of their own.

/endthread

This is one of the biggest things you can do IMO. A lot of people, especially people that did not grow up in the country do not understand guns. All they know is what they see on the news, people being killed.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I have taken several non-shooting friends out over the years. I have made a couple of pretty serious gun nuts out of a couple of them.

The key is to show them the fun side of shooting without getting into politics first. Many people think a gun is gonna walk up and shoot them (understandably so-the media definitely portrays guns this way.)

Once they see that a gun is no different from a power tool, no different from a coffeemaker, they will realize how silly those misconceptions were.

Plus, shooting is a skill which requires practice. It is satisfying to work at shooting and get better. Many people enjoy that sense of accomplishment

Reactions: TattooedGunner

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
It is also wise to let them try various kinds of shooting.

Someone who may never be interested in pistols may really love shooting clays. Each has its own merits to enjoy.

Don't try and force people to become tactical mall ninjas if they aren't into that. Anyone we can get to enjoy any kind of shooting is a win in my book!

Reactions: TattooedGunner