American Revival Apparel Company

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
I don't have anywhere close to what you have. I do have a studio les paul, fender strat, Martin sigma, fender fa100, Washburn acoustic, yamaha acoustic. I just have bought a marshall mini stack that I absolutely love! I also have a small fender amp as well. Nice collection wallace!

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I never made it to musician. The highest level I got was guitar player. Now, I'm down to guy that plays guitar. I'll probably downgrade myself to guitar owner in a few more years.

I never found anyone I could connect with musically, that was near my age/level. In high school everybody either played heavy metal/grunge or southern rock. I played with so many people doing shitty Skynyrd covers, I got to where I couldn't stand them anymore. I always got along with older players because I didn't/couldn't overplay, played good rhythm and turnarounds, and took direction well. I got sick of players who were much better than me that thought the song structure could be improvised like a solo. I thought this one guy, the best player I went to HS with, was trying to make me look bad by playing 10 or 12 or 14 bar blues, and always changing chords in random places. You go to hit your turnaround lick, and the ass would decide that he wanted another turn at the IV, making the entire like you spent 10 bars leading up to sound wrong. College wasn't any better.

I did get to play with Eddie "The Chief" Clearwater and Tinsley Ellis at seperate times.

I have a Mexican Tele, Fender resonator, Epiphone ES 335, and an Alvarez professional series acoustic. By the time I started making Martin and Taylor money I didn't want to spend the money on one.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
I never made it to musician. The highest level I got was guitar player. Now, I'm down to guy that plays guitar. I'll probably downgrade myself to guitar owner in a few more years.

I never found anyone I could connect with musically, that was near my age/level. In high school everybody either played heavy metal/grunge or southern rock. I played with so many people doing shitty Skynyrd covers, I got to where I couldn't stand them anymore. I always got along with older players because I didn't/couldn't overplay, played good rhythm and turnarounds, and took direction well. I got sick of players who were much better than me that thought the song structure could be improvised like a solo. I thought this one guy, the best player I went to HS with, was trying to make me look bad by playing 10 or 12 or 14 bar blues, and always changing chords in random places. You go to hit your turnaround lick, and the ass would decide that he wanted another turn at the IV, making the entire like you spent 10 bars leading up to sound wrong. College wasn't any better.

I did get to play with Eddie "The Chief" Clearwater and Tinsley Ellis at seperate times.

I have a Mexican Tele, Fender resonator, Epiphone ES 335, and an Alvarez professional series acoustic. By the time I started making Martin and Taylor money I didn't want to spend the money on one.

The guys I play with are much better than me as well. I just try and keep up. They do try and teach me, though I doubt if I will ever be as good as them.

Ken Hibbitts

Scout
Jan 5, 2016
North Texas
Played since I was 10yo.. But 9yrs ago I had kidney failure and lost the strength in my hands. However, in Oct. I finally got a transplant and am looking forward to playing again. I have a Epiphone Les Paul limited edition Nuclear that I need to pull out.

Reactions: freedom

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
My son got one for Christmas. He is 6 and is already starting to write his own songs.

So which one of yall want to teach him how to play some music.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
About an hour. I am not even really sure if he wants to play that much.

You need to learn to tune it, at least to itself, and tune it for him. Look up a "D" chord(I think that one is the easiest for small hands), and teach him to play that one chord until he knows it cold and can play it without any buzzing or muted notes. Then move to a "C" and repeat, follow with a "G". Only make him practice for 5-10min a day unless he wants more, and let him play how he wants the rest. It's hard to start, because he doesn't have the finger strength/toughness to do it well.

If it's too hard for him, tune it down until he can handle the string tension.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
You need to learn to tune it, at least to itself, and tune it for him. Look up a "D" chord(I think that one is the easiest for small hands), and teach him to play that one chord until he knows it cold and can play it without any buzzing or muted notes. Then move to a "C" and repeat, follow with a "G". Only make him practice for 5-10min a day unless he wants more, and let him play how he wants the rest. It's hard to start, because he doesn't have the finger strength/toughness to do it well.

If it's too hard for him, tune it down until he can handle the string tension.
Thanks for the info. The guitar came with a tuner and some other items, it is the guitar for dummies kit. I will try to start getting him to practice some. If he likes it enough and shows some interest I will get him to some lessons.