Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
How's she look?
91ef584c-0a6c-45a7-8d30-1e1eba079737.jpg

A Nikon P 223

R

rayzer007

Obviously the dogs are not impressed; one scratching an itch, the other yawning!

Ray

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Gee Vert, the more you post, the more I realize great minds think alike. I've got the same scope on mine! As you know, the eye relief with that Nikon is really good. It doesn't seem to matter much where you position it on the rail. I put a MAGPUL Gen 2 flip-up rear sight on the back of my rail. Can't use it when the scope is on the rifle, but I like having it already installed.

You got a nice rifle man!

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Lookin' good.

I have an EOTech red dot sight on my AR but I want to get a scope to be able to switch the sighting for really long-range stuff. I'm not sure which mount I want to use, though.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Sarge said:
Gee Vert, the more you post, the more I realize great minds think alike. I've got the same scope on mine! As you know, the eye relief with that Nikon is really good. It doesn't seem to matter much where you position it on the rail. I put a MAGPUL Gen 2 flip-up rear sight on the back of my rail. Can't use it when the scope is on the rifle, but I like having it already installed.

You got a nice rifle man!

Thanks. I'm waiting on that mount in your pic, Sarge.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Hey Vert!

My new Nikon P-223 scope for my AR-15 broke! :eek: Both turrets literally fell apart in my hands, i.e., springs, caps and tiny washers flying. :( I had the fixed 3X one. So anyway, I took it back and they refunded my money. :) Then I bought a new and more expensive Nikon scope. :) Got it home and noticed there were air bubbles inside the glass. :mad: I took that one back to the same store, the manager agreed it was defective, and I got another refund. :)

Anyway, on the drive home from the store today I was totally bummed out. :( So I went by another outlet and bought a Leupold Mark AR 3x9x40. :) I hope this holds up and lasts more than a week. However, I did keep the Nikon P-Series scope mount! It appears to be pretty sturdy. :)

Sarge

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Sarge said:
Hey Vert!

My new Nikon P-223 scope for my AR-15 broke! :eek: Both turrets literally fell apart in my hands, i.e., springs, caps and tiny washers flying. :( I had the fixed 3X one. So anyway, I took it back and they refunded my money. :) Then I bought a new and more expensive Nikon scope. :) Got it home and noticed there were air bubbles inside the glass. :mad: I took that one back to the same store, the manager agreed it was defective, and I got another refund. :)

Anyway, on the drive home from the store today I was totally bummed out. :( So I went by another outlet and bought a Leupold Mark AR 3x9x40. :) I hope this holds up and lasts more than a week. However, I did keep the Nikon P-Series scope mount! It appears to be pretty sturdy. :)

Sarge

You've a bad run of luck there but that last scope looks like a winner.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I'm a little worried about that scope situation, Sarge. My only other optic is a Leupold, a little 2 - 7 power on a 10/22 take down. Love that little thing but it was tricky to get 100% with the Zee Rings I bought. Now this.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Despite my problems Vert, I still think Nikon makes great scopes. Sometimes a lemon gets out with any product, i.e., gun, scope, mount, laser, car, washing machine, you name it! It's just that I got two lemons in a row. This new Leupold I got could crap out at any time. Who knows? All the expensive camera equipment I've bought in my life has been Nikon. Anyway, I bet you don't have a single problem with yours. At least these scopes have got lifetime warranties, regardless if whether you're the original owner or not. Plus, if you get them from Wally or Dick's, they have a 90-day return policy. We have nothing to lose...except time and getting frustrated.

Have you received your P-Series mount yet? I saw three sets in a Wally World just this week.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
True, this is only the 2nd scope I've bought new. I need to call opticsplanit and see what's up with that mount and I need to exchange the .22's flip up lens covers. The Leupold's eye piece and objective lenses are different threads. I called them and the person I talked to didn't know to sell me the set and let me buy 2 objectives :mad: