Good morning at the Pro Armament/Riverside range.

GA Firing Line

Northern_Son

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
The Heart of Ohio
Hey fellas, haven't posted much in awhile but had a good weekend to post about.

I was visiting a buddy in Akron Ohio and got to shoot at the Pro Armament Riverside range in Cuyohoga Falls Ohio.

http://www.proarmament.com/contact.html

It was my first time there and it seems to be a nice place. It was $20 an hour for the lane and we got to share it. My understanding is that if you leave after 30 minutes you get a 30 minute rate as well, but I don't know that for sure. The targets were not overly expensive and you can use your own ammo as long as it's not AP, tracer, etc. We got there just before opening at 10:00 and stayed until 11:00 and the lanes were filling up by the time we left.

After the usual paperwork, you go down the stair to the basement. It's well lit, has 7 lanes (I think) with the auto target retrieval. I didn't smell like powder when I came out so the ventilation must be good. I saw guys down there with everthing from what looked like a Winchester Model 70 with scope to a Desert Eagle .44. The range is 25 yards and you can shoot anything up to 30.06 but no shotguns.

I shot almost 100 rounds with my Walther P-22. I have at least 1,000 rounds through it now. The vast majority of them are the Federal bulk 36 grain hollowpoint and I am still waiting for it to have problems. I have just almost no issues with it. Well, the front site did lose it's white dot at one point but S&W sent a free replacement on that.

I also shot my buddies SR40c which I love. That pistol is amazingly accurate for what it is. Finally, I ran a couple of mags through my G26 just to keep up to date on it.

One goal (other than fun) was to shoot one handed, both weak and dominate sides, and practice handling with the weak hand. I love the P-22 for that and was pleasantly surprised at the results, especially since it was cold and I wasn't quite dressed for it. It gave me a little shake but I guess that's training as well.

Anyway, it was a good time and great to find a nice indoor range that is reasonably priced. If you are close to Akron OH. I recommend it.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
My University of Akron student son shoots there often. Sounds like a very well run range and he likes it a lot... for me, I'd like shotgun access. I promise not to splatter the target wires.