Glock: Remembering

American Revival Apparel Company

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
That's my theory as well. I also think with the amount of police departments that use Glocks they are hesitant to make any huge change that may effect their LE market.

True, but they already have blue line versions. Wouldnt really hurt to separate it out more. Civilian versions with more features and LEO with less. That way they can test out newer features on the civ market before releasing it to the LEO market.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
True, but they already have blue line versions. Wouldnt really hurt to separate it out more. Civilian versions with more features and LEO with less. That way they can test out newer features on the civ market before releasing it to the LEO market.
True, but I think they like having them the same. The blue label guns are the same as the regular ones. If they start making the LE guns physically different than the civilian ones they would have to add a bunch of tooling for manufacturing different slides and frames.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
True, but I think they like having them the same. The blue label guns are the same as the regular ones. If they start making the LE guns physically different than the civilian ones they would have to add a bunch of tooling for manufacturing different slides and frames.
And every neckbeard on the internet would want the stripped down, LE version anyway....because operators.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code

Whatevs. GEN 5 is just going to have an ambidextrous mag release and everyone with a perfectly good GEN 4 is going to spend $550 on the same gun but with one small change.

I'll stick with my GEN 3. Unlike Apple, I am not forced to upgrade.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Whatevs. GEN 5 is just going to have an ambidextrous mag release and everyone with a perfectly good GEN 4 is going to spend $550 on the same gun but with one small change.

I'll stick with my GEN 3. Unlike Apple, I am not forced to upgrade.
The only way I'm giving up my gen 3 is if the gen 5 is available without finger grooves and with a MOS slide. Otherwise I prefer the Gen 3.

The only reason I would buy that is because it would be cheaper to sell mine and buy that then it would to have my frame and slide worked on to accept a reddot and have the finger grooves removed.