Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Wait are front serrations new?

It appears that on the Glock website, they refer to this particular G17 as a "G17 FS" and does indeed have the front serrations.

I didn't really want to sell that G17 Gen 4, but I did... now I might have to get rid of something else to buy another one with the "FS" slide.

If anybody can find a dealer, please update the thread-

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Don't get me wrong, I think Glock makes a great product, but if there's a company out there that gets the "resting on your laurels" award....it's Glock.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Don't get me wrong, I think Glock makes a great product, but if there's a company out there that gets the "resting on your laurels" award....it's Glock.
I agree. I love glocks and it's hard for me to justify buying other guns. But I can't fault them too much from a business standpoint. They sell a TON of guns as is, I can understand why they haven't made many changes over the years. I also suspect they have plenty of ideas and prototypes tucked away they can pull out if they need to.

That said, I think the "new" things like removing finger grooves and front serrations are a step in the right direction.

My ideal new Glock would be a 19 with no finger grooves, factory undercut (see beretta APX), front serrations, MOS slide, and all models come with the 3.5 connector.

I think these would sell like hotcakes because they are the mods many people do anyways and also fix many of the complaints that stop people from buying them. I can't imagine that the slight difference in the frame mold and the additional machining to the slide would be too complicated or have to cost too much.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I agree. I love glocks and it's hard for me to justify buying other guns. But I can't fault them too much from a business standpoint. They sell a TON of guns as is, I can understand why they haven't made many changes over the years. I also suspect they have plenty of ideas and prototypes tucked away they can pull out if they need to.

That said, I think the "new" things like removing finger grooves and front serrations are a step in the right direction.

My ideal new Glock would be a 19 with no finger grooves, factory undercut (see beretta APX), front serrations, MOS slide, and all models come with the 3.5 connector.

I think these would sell like hotcakes because they are the mods many people do anyways and also fix many of the complaints that stop people from buying them. I can't imagine that the slight difference in the frame mold and the additional machining to the slide would be too complicated or have to cost too much.
Yeah, the 19 is just too short for my hand, and I like the finger grooves. I suppose the design doesn't leave a lot of room for change really....slide serrations, etc. The undercut trigger guard is a big plus..pretty much any frame mod to get a higher grip in the pistol is a positive in my book.

I'm waiting for the day that a gun company sends out a block of maleable polymer and lets you squeeze it to create your own custom frame design based on your hands...like the custom earplug folks do. That'd be cool, and expensive. lol

Reactions: dial1911

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Wait are front serrations new?

Yeah... that was Glock's big announcement. :) LOL

Seriously, Glock should never make any "announcements" unless they are coming out with an entirely new caliber or new gun entirely. Colors, serrations, ports, gills, RMR cuts, etc.... no need for any announcements, they're freaking Glock. People will find out and people will buy it and it won't appear to be this underwhelming announcement.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Yeah, the 19 is just too short for my hand, and I like the finger grooves. I suppose the design doesn't leave a lot of room for change really....slide serrations, etc. The undercut trigger guard is a big plus..pretty much any frame mod to get a higher grip in the pistol is a positive in my book.

I'm waiting for the day that a gun company sends out a block of maleable polymer and lets you squeeze it to create your own custom frame design based on your hands...like the custom earplug folks do. That'd be cool, and expensive. lol

Too short for your hand? Do you have Trump hands or something?

Now the playable plastic idea is badass....invent that and you could buy both ODT and SET and put them under one roof and be the king of the world.

Reactions: dial1911 and Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

The 19 fits my hand perfectly, even with the finger grooves. I want mine gone because I take a lot of new shooters out and I'd like my 19 to fit a wider range of people comfortably.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Too short for your hand? Do you have Trump hands or something?

Now the playable plastic idea is badass....invent that and you could buy both ODT and SET and put them under one roof and be the king of the world.
The bottom of my hand extends beyond the bottom of the G19 grip and rubs quite a bit. I just have wider than average hands I guess. The G19 grips is about .5" to short for me.

Reactions: dougiemac

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
Glock is a marketing genius that borrows its ideas from Apple. I bet they already have a perfect Glock with all the features anyone can ask for tucked away somewhere. Just like apple they only introduce a bunch of small "features" every release so that way they can make more releases in the future. Think about how crazy people get when a new GEN comes out. Why put both new features on the new GEN when you can just put one... wait a year.. then release a new GEN with that second feature.

It's brilliant.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Glock is a marketing genius that borrows its ideas from Apple. I bet they already have a perfect Glock with all the features anyone can ask for tucked away somewhere. Just like apple they only introduce a bunch of small "features" every release so that way they can make more releases in the future. Think about how crazy people get when a new GEN comes out. Why put both new features on the new GEN when you can just put one... wait a year.. then release a new GEN with that second feature.

It's brilliant.
That's my theory as well. I also think with the amount of police departments that use Glocks they are hesitant to make any huge change that may effect their LE market.