Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
This is interesting. Made by Legal Manufacturing

https://www.legalmanufacturing.com/

Specs:
• HARDNESS: 70+HRc (1076+ HV) • LUBRICITY: Low static coefficient of friction without lubrication • More than twice the wear resistance of hard chrome; NIB will outlast the life of the part in most cases • Extremely ductile plating. NIB will not crack and chip like hard chrome • Temperature resistant to 1100*F • Four times the wear resistance of electroless nickel phosphorus • Plating thickness range: 0.0003 to 0.010 inch • Excellent adhesion to most alloys including titanium and aluminum. NIB is not intended for carbide or tungsten. • Improved impact resistance • Best performance is achieved when both mating components are plated with NIB • Plated parts can run lubrication free, reducing the cleaning, care, and maintenance without sacrificing reliability • All final thickness measured with XRF instrumentation technology

The color of NIB BATTLEWORN™ is a dark shade of gray with an aesthetically distressed, modern “battle” finish. NIB BATTLEWORN™ creates a smooth and uniform plating barrier without adding significant dimension to the metal part, increases the surface hardness of the plated part, and produces a product that is superior to competing plating systems.

And when did they start stamping the state of Georgia on the slide? What's the P stand for?
glock 19 battle worn.jpg

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Yep. Got one up for sale going to a member here tomorrow. The finish looks better than in pictures.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah I don't know why I thought this would be interesting to you all. It was interesting to ME because the pricing is the same as stock Glock.
I'd almost buy it if it were the same price as a normal Glock because I like the NibX coating, I don't care for the wen finish but I would deal with it if it didn't cost extra

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Yeah I don't know why I thought this would be interesting to you all. It was interesting to ME because the pricing is the same as stock Glock.
I think it depends on how the finish is used. Bosana's G19 has unique machine work that works well with the worn finish. The stock Glock in the OP just looks like most police trade in Glocks I've seen.

Reactions: DMR and 1776

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
The problem with NIB is that while sure its great internally, its noticeably slick on the outside. Like racking my girls 42 with NIB slide is kind of a pita.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I think the P stands for police. Most likely state patrol with the flag on it.

Reactions: DoglegArms