• I can dig it

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I got a wild hair up my ass and figured I would try something new, a holster that pleases multiple carry styles all in one.

Marketing genius, I know!

So, this moff can be worn with a full width clip 0 degree cant, full width clip canted, a single clip in the center, a single clip over the trigger guard, or hell both clips if you wanted extra security. (Ignore the edges. I got tired and didn't want to sand and polish the edges tonight.) But I just wanted to gauge interest here. If this was for sale with all three clips and all necessary hardware for you to use it however you pleased, would you think this is far superior to any holster that is only good for one position...? Let's say this will be like $10 more bucks for reference.

IMG_3212.JPG IMG_3213.JPG IMG_3210.JPG IMG_3208.JPG IMG_3219.JPG

Last edited:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Do people really switch their carry method once they know what they like?
Not sure. I do sometimes depending on where I am going and what I am wearing. BUT I will typically use a different holster. I think the idea behind this is more for selling one holster that you can fiddle with and set up how you like it, then leave it. This saves the consumer from buying 3-4 different holsters for 40++ bucks before they find the way they like to carry. Make sense? If not, that's still the feedback I'm looking for lol...

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Do people really switch their carry method once they know what they like?

While I agree with that statement, I think from a marketing sales standpoint- this one is a winner. I'd venture to guess that 7 out of 10 holsters sold don't actually get EDC'd. And you show an internet gun shopper this one vs. the one with one carry option, I believe the internet gun shopper would go for the one with options every time.

Just my two cents, which was free ;)

Reactions: Red Dawn

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
While I agree with that statement, I think from a marketing sales standpoint- this one is a winner. I'd venture to guess that 7 out of 10 holsters sold don't actually get EDC'd. And you show an internet gun shopper this one vs. the one with one carry option, I believe the internet gun shopper would go for the one with options every time.

Just my two cents, which was free ;)
Yeah I can agree with that.

Either way, and even for someone that will carry it often, I think there is real value here. Say this is $40-45 bucks (which I could realistically sell these for), that is nearly impossible to beat for what you get. These guys on Instagram charge an arm and a leg for the most basic crap. Hell even if I just include the wide clip with zero cant or canted positions, I could knock these out for $35sh, since there is a lot less hardware and those clips are $3 each.

Still in for criticism though :D

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

Either way, and even for someone that will carry it often, I think there is real value here. Say this is $40-45 bucks (which I could realistically sell these for), that is nearly impossible to beat for what you get. These guys on Instagram charge an arm and a leg for the most basic crap. Hell even if I just include the wide clip with zero cant or canted positions, I could knock these out for $35sh, since there is a lot less hardware and those clips are $3 each.

I'm not sure if that came off wrong or not- I wasn't implying that you're holsters are for internet neck beards... just that they do buy a lot of shit they probably don't use ;)

You're holsters look very good. And I'd say more options (value-added or whatever they call it in marketing) will net more sales overall.

My only criticism/suggestion is maybe a little higher sweat shield on the one above. That's the one main reason I might switch out my old Galco one of these days- I'd like to have a piece of leather or smooth piece of kydex instead of the G26 slide against my side.

Reactions: Leshaire

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of one size fits all or super versatile things because you often sacrifice something for the versatility.

I'd like to see what my buddy Dave from @NSR Tactical has in regards of feedback. He's a good guy to bounce ideas like this off of as he's worked and tried things up, down, sideways and backwards. He even has become a source for holster parts for other holster makers.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

You know what you need to do, is get pictures of the holster in all the different carry postions with a gun in the holster on a person. I think that people like options, esp. people that are new to CC, and might not know exactly how they want to carry their gun.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
It's not something I would buy, but it is a great idea for people new to carrying. I carry at 4:00 like 95% of the time and while this would be great for that still I would never switch the mounts and would just assume not have the extra holes.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I'm not sure if that came off wrong or not- I wasn't implying that you're holsters are for internet neck beards... just that they do buy a lot of shit they probably don't use ;)

You're holsters look very good. And I'd say more options (value-added or whatever they call it in marketing) will net more sales overall.

My only criticism/suggestion is maybe a little higher sweat shield on the one above. That's the one main reason I might switch out my old Galco one of these days- I'd like to have a piece of leather or smooth piece of kydex instead of the G26 slide against my side.
yeah I actually used a piece of scrap kydex for this one in case I butchered it, hence the tiny sweat shield. Ignore that part lol

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Interesting. I'm not a big fan of one size fits all or super versatile things because you often sacrifice something for the versatility.

I'd like to see what my buddy Dave from @NSR Tactical has in regards of feedback. He's a good guy to bounce ideas like this off of as he's worked and tried things up, down, sideways and backwards. He even has become a source for holster parts for other holster makers.
Yeah maybe this idea is feeding too much to new edc'ers. Seeming more and more like it.

I'm interested in buying parts/hardware from him if hes got good stuff too btw lol ;)

Reactions: NSR Tactical

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
You know what you need to do, is get pictures of the holster in all the different carry postions with a gun in the holster on a person. I think that people like options, esp. people that are new to CC, and might not know exactly how they want to carry their gun.
Not a bad idea at all.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
It's not something I would buy, but it is a great idea for people new to carrying. I carry at 4:00 like 95% of the time and while this would be great for that still I would never switch the mounts and would just assume not have the extra holes.
Yeah im seeing a trend here, and that is this is less ideal for people that actually carry every day. It's just more money for more crap we wouldn't use lol.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah im seeing a trend here, and that is this is less ideal for people that actually carry every day. It's just more money for more crap we wouldn't use lol.

Yeah. I think most of us have a "right tool for the right job" mentality. That being said, this would be perfect for the guy who just started carrying and I would recommend a set up like this. Versatile, affordable, quality, and could be used for years even if they only carry it one way.

From a marketing standpoint it could work out great if you partnered with a range that does beginners training. They way when they have someone who wants to carry they can sell them one holster and help them set it up during or before the class.

I picture Joe Blow just bought his new Glock and is taking a CCW type class. He shows up with some Fobus bullshit that he can't conceal. The instructor sells him that holster at an affordable price and spends 10 minutes helping him set it up and now Joe Blow can take the class with a holster that he can conceal and he won't break the bank or have to buy three holsters to figure out what works for him.

We all switch guns so much and know how we like to carry so we just buy a AIWB or strong side IWB in the style of our liking for our new carry guns and move on.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Yeah maybe this idea is feeding too much to new edc'ers. Seeming more and more like it.

I'm interested in buying parts/hardware from him if hes got good stuff too btw lol ;)

Ya know, that's what' shot right now and that market is super ripe for picking. I would prototype a few, take it to market and do some testing, then send some out to some Youtubers and see what kind of traction you get.

And Dave at @NSR Tactical .... Dude he's got some of the best stuff... I kid you not.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Yeah. I think most of us have a "right tool for the right job" mentality. That being said, this would be perfect for the guy who just started carrying and I would recommend a set up like this. Versatile, affordable, quality, and could be used for years even if they only carry it one way.

From a marketing standpoint it could work out great if you partnered with a range that does beginners training. They way when they have someone who wants to carry they can sell them one holster and help them set it up during or before the class.

I picture Joe Blow just bought his new Glock and is taking a CCW type class. He shows up with some Fobus bullshit that he can't conceal. The instructor sells him that holster at an affordable price and spends 10 minutes helping him set it up and now Joe Blow can take the class with a holster that he can conceal and he won't break the bank or have to buy three holsters to figure out what works for him.

We all switch guns so much and know how we like to carry so we just buy a AIWB or strong side IWB in the style of our liking for our new carry guns and move on.
Yeah, and as of now I am not making enough to offer up to a store. I have a full time job, but just enjoy doing this at night. Mostly for myself lol. BUT that isnt a bad idea if I ever try and get a little crazy with it and actually plan on making some money off of it.

Reactions: sam

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Ya know, that's what' shot right now and that market is super ripe for picking. I would prototype a few, take it to market and do some testing, then send some out to some Youtubers and see what kind of traction you get.

And Dave at @NSR Tactical .... Dude he's got some of the best stuff... I kid you not.
I've considered throwing a nice rmr ready rig or something else out of the norm to Philster at PhillyEDC for his holster clinic reviews. That channel is where I got 95% of the knowledge to make holsters lol

For real though does he have a site? I order a good bit of hardware and crap pretty often.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Yeah, and as of now I am not making enough to offer up to a store. I have a full time job, but just enjoy doing this at night. Mostly for myself lol. BUT that isnt a bad idea if I ever try and get a little crazy with it and actually plan on making some money off of it.

You can create a virtual store here with a sub-forum and a domain redirect. :)

I've considered throwing a nice rmr ready rig or something else out of the norm to Philster at PhillyEDC for his holster clinic reviews. That channel is where I got 95% of the knowledge to make holsters lol

For real though does he have a site? I order a good bit of hardware and crap pretty often.

Here you go man: http://nsrtactical.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=58 I can send you samples if you want?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Here you go man: http://nsrtactical.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=58 I can send you samples if you want?
Sweet man this is about $1-3 less than im paying now per soft loop and strut. I typically buy 25+ of everything from DIY to get the next best tier price lol. Id be interested in some soft loops, struts, and angled loops for sure.

Your mag holsters are sweeeeet btw. I love how minimalistic they are.
[DOUBLEPOST=1461075810][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can create a virtual store here with a sub-forum and a domain redirect. :)
hell I already snagged a domain a while back just in case. Now youre just tempting me lol