GA arms ammo

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
anyone used it lately. I heard a while back they had problems with their .223, but haven't heard anything good or bad in a while.

They have 500 rounds for the same price as wolf gold at adventure outdoors but it comes with an ammo can.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Yup. Haven't had any issues ever.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
anyone used it lately. I heard a while back they had problems with their .223, but haven't heard anything good or bad in a while.

They have 500 rounds for the same price as wolf gold at adventure outdoors but it comes with an ammo can.
I'd take the Wolf but that's just me.

Reactions: freedom

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
IDK if you pick up your brass or not but if you do and you don't reload you can trade it in there towards store credit as well. I do it all the time and it knocks off a decent amount if you have enough brass.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Ive never tried them but every time ive looked their prices were surprisingly high. Hence the reason ive never bought anything from them.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I've used Georgia Arms quite a bit for over 20 years now. I like them a lot.

Compared to a lot of ammo companies, they are a small company. This means that they can't always get the best prices on components. Their prices will oftentimes fluctuate to reflect this. The good thing about buying from them is that I can drive right over there and pick it up. I usually have a lot of brass to trade in as well, so that knocks a bit off the top for me.

They've had some issues here and there over the years and always made it right. For instance, quite a few years one of their suppliers for 55grn 5.56 bullets sold them undersized projectiles. Shots were keyholing. Georgia Arms ID'ed the problem and made good on everyone that bought the bad ammo.

All I hunt with out of my Remington 788 .308 is their new component 165grn Nosler Ballistic Tip. It will cloverleaf 3 rounds and put 5 in a group smaller than my thumbnail. That's a factory, 22", pencil thin barrel.

Years ago, when the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were going hot and heavy, I was contacted several times by Army Reservists and Georgia National Guardsmen. They were informed they had been selected to deploy as Snipers, but that their units didn't have the time/money/give a shit to send them to be trained. They were going to be issued the equipment and expected to OJT when deployed. I trained these guys for free, and in most cases had to loan them rifles as well since their units would not authorize them to take them from the armory. I could see that I was going to be going through a lot of ammo, so I contacted Georgia Arms, explained the issue, and inquired if I could get some special pricing for the ammo to train these soldiers with. I ended up talking to one of the owners and he supplied the ammo that I needed for FREE so these soldiers could get the training they needed. This alone guaranteed me as a customer for life.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I've used Georgia Arms quite a bit for over 20 years now. I like them a lot.

Compared to a lot of ammo companies, they are a small company. This means that they can't always get the best prices on components. Their prices will oftentimes fluctuate to reflect this. The good thing about buying from them is that I can drive right over there and pick it up. I usually have a lot of brass to trade in as well, so that knocks a bit off the top for me.

They've had some issues here and there over the years and always made it right. For instance, quite a few years one of their suppliers for 55grn 5.56 bullets sold them undersized projectiles. Shots were keyholing. Georgia Arms ID'ed the problem and made good on everyone that bought the bad ammo.

All I hunt with out of my Remington 788 .308 is their new component 165grn Nosler Ballistic Tip. It will cloverleaf 3 rounds and put 5 in a group smaller than my thumbnail. That's a factory, 22", pencil thin barrel.

Years ago, when the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were going hot and heavy, I was contacted several times by Army Reservists and Georgia National Guardsmen. They were informed they had been selected to deploy as Snipers, but that their units didn't have the time/money/give a shit to send them to be trained. They were going to be issued the equipment and expected to OJT when deployed. I trained these guys for free, and in most cases had to loan them rifles as well since their units would not authorize them to take them from the armory. I could see that I was going to be going through a lot of ammo, so I contacted Georgia Arms, explained the issue, and inquired if I could get some special pricing for the ammo to train these soldiers with. I ended up talking to one of the owners and he supplied the ammo that I needed for FREE so these soldiers could get the training they needed. This alone guaranteed me as a customer for life.

Can't beat that. Good on them, and good on you too.

I haven't used GA Arms much recently but I have shot a good bit of it in the past and not had any problems with it.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I didnt know they took brass trade ins? Ive wanted to do that with Freedom Munitions btu Id have to pay shipping and that would kinda kill my return.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I didnt know they took brass trade ins? Ive wanted to do that with Freedom Munitions btu Id have to pay shipping and that would kinda kill my return.

Yup. I do it just about every time I go there.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Yup. I do it just about every time I go there.
Hmm now I'm glad I've been hoarding brass forever and ever. Gonna go check their site now for prices and to see where they're located.

With my luck it'll be far as shit away lol

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Not terrible but not great for a 52 minute drive each way.

$11.50 a box of 115 grain 9mm and $14 a box for 147 grain 9mm (in 500 round quantities)

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
Its best to hit them when they are at local gun shows. Shipping usually kills the deal with them. I think their schedule said they will be at the show in marietta the 27th and 28th of this month

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Its best to hit them when they are at local gun shows. Shipping usually kills the deal with them. I think their schedule said they will be at the show in marietta the 27th and 28th of this month
That could help. Im overdue for some 9mm subs.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I've got about 5, 5 gallon buckets full of brass I need to take to Georgia Arms, may do that this week. In the past, it was about $100-$110 for buckets of that size/weight, but I don't know what they're paying for grass nowadays.

That's waaaaay cheaper for me, with the trade-in, then buying new ammo somewhere else.

My Colt 9mm SMG loves the GA Arms 147grn subsonics.