FrogLube?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
At the gun show Saturday I saw a water tank with a pistol in the bottom. It was on a display table so I went over to take a look. It was coat with Frog Lube, a non toxic, edible paste. They said to heat it up to a liquid and apply to the entire gun, slide, grips, inside magazines, anywhere you can get it. It give the gun a smooth slick feel. I bought 3 small sample tubes. I will try it out this weekend and post my opinion. The lady at the show even coated the inside of her holster with it. One cool thing is they give a portion of every sale to several charities that are all military related.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Kelley

R

rayzer007

SkipD said:
rayzer007 said:
What is a CLP?
CLP is the abbreviation for Clean, Lubricate, and Protect. Break-Free's CLP was developed to meet a military request for a non-existing product. You can read a lot more at this Break-Free web site. Click on any one of the CLP headings in the listings.
Thanks Skip! Do you think this FrogLube is any better than Break-Free for normal condition carry purposes with infrequent shooting?
Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
rayzer007 said:
Thanks Skip! Do you think this FrogLube is any better than Break-Free for normal condition carry purposes with infrequent shooting?
Ray
I have absolutely no idea as I have never used FrogLube.

I don't normally use CLP either though I've been playing with a can of it. Unfortunately, the spray can does not deliver just a little where I want it and I've not found it in liquid form around here.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I spray a little bit in the bottom of a coke can then use a small cheap artist brush to debit where I want it.
Works for me.

R I C H G C O O P

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

M

mukwah

I have found both liquid and spray form of Break Free at Academy Sports if you have only near you. Great stuff! Never heard of Frog Lube.

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
There has been an ongoing long discussion on one of the 1911 forums about Frog Lube. Most respondents claim it's the best thing since sliced bread, while the detractors maintain they see no real difference between its use and what they currently use. It will be interesting to see what WAcarry thinks of it after he uses it for awhile.

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
I went shooting with a groups guys on Thursday. All total we put about 200 rounds through my LC9 and 100 through my 1911. While the guns are cold the frog lube is not really noticeable. After they start to warm up, you can see the lube turn more to liquid. I'm really impressed. One side effect is that it has a nice wintergreen smell so the hotter the gun gets, the nicer it smells. Haha.

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Follow up-
I have now used this on my 30-30 rifle, my son's .270 rifle, my LCP,LC9 and 1911. Put 40 rounds through each rifle, over 300 more rounds through the 1911, and over 200 ea through the LCP & LC9.
This is now my gun cleaner, lube and protector. I like that it is non toxic and if I spill it there is no oily residue after clean up.
I just put it in the sun to get if soft and liquidy before I use it.

toytraindoc

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Western Pa.
To add to this, on today's model train engines they put a rubber gasket on the drive wheels for traction, but after time they break or stretch out and come off the wheels. Their is a company that makes Frog Snot (true name ) that you apply on the traction wheels, let it dry and you will have a long lasting traction tire. :-\

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Funny you should mention that. I was wondering that as I shot my gun and it started to smell a little. I had a friend that was shooting with me ask "when did you start chewing?". I replied that I didn't and then we laughed because he smelled the wintergreen and said it smells just like his chew.