Freedom Munitions

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
What are your needs based upon, the "average" defense situation? With all of this data and exacting analysis, you should consider carrying a multitude of calibers and ammunition to give yourself the optimal chance of success. That means defending yourself from an adversary wearing a 9% cotton tshirt, driving a car with a windshield raked at 37 degrees, or one that's running toward you at 6.3 miles per hour, wearing a mid-weight redbull sweatshirt, a fake (maybe) gold jesus pendant that covers 17% of the chest region, and purchased pre-precious metal crisis from the Indiana state fair.

These real situations each present the type of difficulty that can't be overcome by accepting a 90 fps average shift in velocity from previous norms.

Get out there and test compadre, and be safe!
That example is covered by just about anything, even inconsistent shit 9mm reloads from your local range.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Various methods, barriers, distances, calibers, barrel lengths.
Take a look at the differences in performance between 9mm, 40, and 45 defensive loads. Huge differences (on paper) in weight, velocity, etc etc, and they are all perfectly acceptable and effective defensive rounds. What are you searching for?

At the end of the day, they are all expanding chunks of lead and copper roughly the same size moving roughly the same speed (all well above what's necessary) and drum roll........................produce roughly the same results.

If there was ever a time to roll out the overused phrase "analysis paralysis", this is it.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Take a look at the differences in performance between 9mm, 40, and 45 defensive loads. Huge differences in weight, velocity, etc etc, and they are all perfectly acceptable and effective defensive rounds. What are you searching for?

At the end of the day, they are all expanding chunks of lead and copper roughly the same size moving roughly the same speed (all well above what's necessary) and drum roll........................produce roughly the same results.

If there was ever a time to roll out the overused phrase "analysis paralysis", this is it.
I prayed and jeezus told me to do it.

I like to shoot a lot.
And when I shoot, besides hitting the targets, I want to see what happens to those targets. And most of my targets are not paper. Paper is used for sighting in.
Dont be mad.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I prayed and jeezus told me to do it.

I like to shoot a lot.
And when I shoot, besides hitting the targets, I want to see what happens to those targets. And most of my targets are not paper. Paper is used for sighting in.
Dont be mad.
I didn't shoot a paper target outside of sighting in rifles until a few years ago when I was forced to shoot at indoor ranges, but I never saw a difference that mattered in performance on target between the big 3. A little more penetration here, a little wider hole there, but nothing that would make much difference in an sd situation.

For bowling pin shoots, it did matter a little. You needed a wide gapped hollow point that would grab pins and rip them off of the table, but that was a pretty niche situation.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Bowling pins are fun, but so are coyote carcasses hiding behind 1/4" steel plates (very likely scenario to encounter!)

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Btw, if you were curious:
If a dead 220lb hog is attacking you while hiding behind a 1/4" thick 48"X36" steel plate at 100yds, a 5.45 7N6 from a Vepr 20.5" will go through both.
If fired from a 16.3" Vepr, it goes through the plate but after that only 3" or so into the hog. So in that case, the dead hog can jump over the steel plate, dash the 100yds and fuck you up while you're busy wondering about effectiveness of calibers

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I log every type of ammo in every gun I shoot because it's important to me to know factors such as penetration, trajectory, etc.
And yes, I do shoot what I carry.
Mostly Corbon, Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Fiocchi, Geco.
Yesterday I shot 4 boxes of Geco BAT 9mm, 12 boxes of Fiocchi Combat 9mm, 9 boxes of Underwood 9mm and .357sig in various weights, 4 boxes of Dynamit Nobel .32, 2 boxes of S&B .32 AP, and 3 boxes of Santa Barbara .380.
The ammo above is roughly $900. Shot through 14 different handguns. In about 4hrs.
I do a lot of testing with various ammo from different guns and log it all. I always want to know what happens after the bang, where it hits and what damage it does into various targets from various guns at various distances.
Jesus, I must be poor. No way I would spend $900 on ammo for a range day unless select fire stuff is involved or big bore (50 BMG).

Reactions: Strider12

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Jesus, I must be poor. No way I would spend $900 on ammo for a range day unless select fire stuff is involved or big bore (50 BMG).
I'm assuming @oio has signed a deal with So So Def and has reached full on baller status at the local range. I'm still a junior baller myself.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I'm assuming @oio has signed a deal with So So Def and has reached full on baller status at the local range. I'm still a junior baller myself.
Local range? Lol
I have land.
I let my nephew pick up all the brass and sell it. He made over $8k in several weeks last year doing just that.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Man, if I could afford to shoot that much, I really would. Damn though, $900 is more budget for ammo than I get to shoot all year.

If I were rich, like really rich, I would probably do the same out of curiosity, but not every time I went to shoot. Some days it nice just to go to the range and have some fun. Then again, fun to one person is different to others.

I'm not going to knock @oio range day preferences, it does seem excessive (to me) BUT if I could afford it, I would like to do some in depth analysis on defense loads and see how they actually perform in misc scenarios. Not sure i would make those my only range ammo though.

Anyways, @oio. You should post some write ups on your findings for some of us poor people to read about! lol

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Man, if I could afford to shoot that much, I really would. Damn though, $900 is more budget for ammo than I get to shoot all year.

If I were rich, like really rich, I would probably do the same out of curiosity, but not every time I went to shoot. Some days it nice just to go to the range and have some fun. Then again, fun to one person is different to others.

I'm not going to knock @oio range day preferences, it does seem excessive (to me) BUT if I could afford it, I would like to do some in depth analysis on defense loads and see how they actually perform in misc scenarios. Not sure i would make those my only range ammo though.

Anyways, @oio. You should post some write ups on your findings for some of us poor people to read about! lol
I do have quite a bit of info stored.
If you're interested in a particular caliber and weapon used, and I've already tested it, I'll gladly share my results. If I haven't and it's interesting enough I will buy it and test it.
My friends and I do this often.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Btw, if you were curious:
If a dead 220lb hog is attacking you while hiding behind a 1/4" thick 48"X36" steel plate at 100yds, a 5.45 7N6 from a Vepr 20.5" will go through both.
If fired from a 16.3" Vepr, it goes through the plate but after that only 3" or so into the hog. So in that case, the dead hog can jump over the steel plate, dash the 100yds and fuck you up while you're busy wondering about effectiveness of calibers
Doesn't sound very scientific. You would be much better off reading the online data... but if you've got money to burn...

Reactions: Strider12

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
6f606baf4e71248cde8ca6a4695b77e2.jpg

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Doesn't sound very scientific. You would be much better off reading the online data... but if you've got money to burn...
I gave one obscure example that we had fun with.
I don't give a fuck if it's scientific or not. If everything was meant to be scientific, then laws would change and fewer people would get away with stupid shit derived from their imagination and beliefs...which would be quite an advance for humanity.
I didn't have a human corpse to test it out for more accurate results.
Regarding online data, there's just not much out there for the variables I use otherwise I would have no curiousity that leads to the testing. I fire a lot of oddball calibers and types of ammo that has had limited use and therefore limited data.
It's one of the things I do. I don't expect others to agree with it. One of my friends taped a brand new Springfield TRP to a target and made scrap metal of it with his 54R, things like that would make Springfield 1911 fanboys cry, but to him it's a cheap piece of shit and it means nothing (and I'm the poor one in the group)

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
One of my friends taped a brand new Springfield TRP to a target and made scrap metal of it with his 54R, things like that would make Springfield 1911 fanboys cry, but to him it's a cheap piece of shit and it means nothing (and I'm the poor one in the group)
Is your friend's name 2 Chainz?