Freedom Munitions

Howard Law

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yay or nay? They seem to have the best price on sub-sonic blasting loads in 9mm.

I'm looking at 147gr fmj's.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
On ODT, there was a thread about issues with their ammo lately. Of course, others chimed in to say the had issues as well.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
Never had problems with their 9mm ammo and I've shot a metric fuck ton of it through my 9mm AR.

Their .223 - on the other hand - can have issues especially with the reman stuff.

Exhibit A: recall notice where I had to check each box of the 1500 rounds I bought from them for certain lot numbers. I didn't have any of the recalled lots but it was a pain in the ass to check.

Exhibit B: they ship from Idaho so if you're in the SE, it will take a while. I placed an order for a PSA upper and FM ammo on the same day. The PSA upper beat the ammo to my house by 4 or 5 days. That should tell you something.

Exhibit C: while firing my PWS upper with some reman Freedom 223, the bolt ripped the lower half of the spent casing from the upper half during extraction. I wonder how many cycles for his brass?

Exhibit D: today I was sighting in a PA red dot on my 10.5" SBR with the Freedom reman 223. I had difficulties because there were fliers of 3" or more at 40 yards. Not 100% sure because I am not that great of a shooter, I had some beers last night, and I was running the rifle suppressed (the whole time) - but I did switch to Independence ammo and my groups tightened up considerably.

After all of this - I will keep buying from Freedom but the prices have to be good.

Reactions: DarthVader

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Never had problems with their 9mm ammo and I've shot a metric fuck ton of it through my 9mm AR.

Their .223 - on the other hand - can have issues especially with the reman stuff.

Exhibit A: recall notice where I had to check each box of the 1500 rounds I bought from them for certain lot numbers. I didn't have any of the recalled lots but it was a pain in the ass to check.

Exhibit B: they ship from Idaho so if you're in the SE, it will take a while. I placed an order for a PSA upper and FM ammo on the same day. The PSA upper beat the ammo to my house by 4 or 5 days. That should tell you something.

Exhibit C: while firing my PWS upper with some reman Freedom 223, the bolt ripped the lower half of the spent casing from the upper half during extraction. I wonder how many cycles for his brass?

Exhibit D: today I was sighting in a PA red dot on my 10.5" SBR with the Freedom reman 223. I had difficulties because there were fliers of 3" or more at 40 yards. Not 100% sure because I am not that great of a shooter, I had some beers last night, and I was running the rifle suppressed (the whole time) - but I did switch to Independence ammo and my groups tightened up considerably.

After all of this - I will keep buying from Freedom but the prices have to be good.

When I got around to doing some ammo testing, freedom had, by far, the least accurate 556/223 ammo I had. I could not shoot better than 5moa with it. Tula was about 2moa.
It did all work.

Shot a few cases of their 9mm with no issues.

I don't have a 9mm can so I don't know how loud the Speer is. Spec wise, it is supposed to be subsonic.

If you have a can @Laufen ill sell or trade you a box of it for testing.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

Just ordered 1200 of this. $12 shipping.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AIMI556M193

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
When I got around to doing some ammo testing, freedom had, by far, the least accurate 556/223 ammo I had. I could not shoot better than 5moa with it. Tula was about 2moa.
It did all work.

Shot a few cases of their 9mm with no issues.

I don't have a 9mm can so I don't know how loud the Speer is. Spec wise, it is supposed to be subsonic.

If you have a can @Laufen ill sell or trade you a box of it for testing.
Waiting on the can. It'll prob be 3-4 mos.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I don't think I've ever ordered anything other than their 147 9mm, but that's good to know about their rifle calibers. May have to order a smaller batch to try before I bulk it up. I've also never noticed any longer than average ship times from them, but then again I'm generally not in a hurry for bulk ammo shipments like when I'm antsy for an AR parts shipment. I order long before I'm running low.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
ive shot their reman, new and hush line all in 147grain 9mm. all were fine until one batch of Hush (which costs a shit ton more) came with like half the rounds noticeably not the new hush rounds. All the Hush have new marking on the casings and look perfect while half of my order IN the hush boxes were clearly remans... Kinda pissed me off

Reactions: Laufen and freedom

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think I've ever ordered anything other than their 147 9mm, but that's good to know about their rifle calibers. May have to order a smaller batch to try before I bulk it up. I've also never noticed any longer than average ship times from them, but then again I'm generally not in a hurry for bulk ammo shipments like when I'm antsy for an AR parts shipment. I order long before I'm running low.
I ordered a few hundred new 147 fmj's, and reman 147 hp's. If they're decent I'm going to get a couple thousand for the hog hunting/shooting trip this fall.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
where are you hunting pigs? can't say that I've ever considered 9mm for that particular task but depending on your hunt location it might work.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
where are you hunting pigs? can't say that I've ever considered 9mm for that particular task but depending on your hunt location it might work.
Oklahoma.

I don't know if I'll hunt with the 9mm yet, I might. If I do it'll be 147 HST's out of a 7.5 inch barrel, and I'll limit shots to 40 yards and under.

Reactions: sam

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Oklahoma.

I don't know if I'll hunt with the 9mm yet, I might. If I do it'll be 147 HST's out of a 7.5 inch barrel, and I'll limit shots to 40 yards and under.

I've read the expansion is more consistent from the 124s. I'd be curious how they'd do.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I've read the expansion is more consistent from the 124s. I'd be curious how they'd do.
Yeah, I have some 124's too. I was looking at maximum suppression, but it probably won't matter to the pigs.

Reactions: freedom

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Fiocchi and PPU both have 158gr and both have proven consistent over at least 6k rds each in the last few years.
I never use reloads or remanufactured ammo.
It's not worth it to me. Others may disagree while saving a few bucks.