Franklin Armory Binary Trigger

GA Firing Line

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Haven't shot one of those but I did shoot the Echo which is basically the same thing I'm pretty sure. It was a ton of fun and didn't even take a full mag before I was able to shoot it really damn quick. I do plan on getting one some day.

Reactions: Righter13

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
As I posted on your thread about the same on the ODT.

As someone who has access to a M16 pretty much any time I want I say don't waste your money. Go rent a M16 for an hour or so. The novelty of full auto fire wears off pretty quick. Honestly the M16 has ruined AR15s for me. The M16 is no fun to shoot other than a mag or two showing off, and the semi auto guns feel like something is missing.

I could see buying a real full auto gun as an investment, and if you can have fun with that investment even better. That said, the M16 was kinda my dream gun and once I got access to one it kind of killed it for me. Throwing 10 dollars away in 3 seconds gets old quick.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

As someone who has access to a M16 pretty much any time I want I say don't waste your money. Go rent a M16 for an hour or so. The novelty of full auto fire wears off pretty quick. Honestly the M16 has ruined AR15s for me. The M16 is no fun to shoot other than a mag or two showing off, and the semi auto guns feel like something is missing.

I could see buying a real full auto gun as an investment, and if you can have fun with that investment even better. That said, the M16 was kinda my dream gun and once I got access to one it kind of killed it for me. Throwing 10 dollars away in 3 seconds gets old quick.
Shooting the M11/9 full auto never gets old! I get a SEG every time I take it out!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
An FA gun is a good investment because there is a limited amount of them out there and the values only keeps going up. Shooting them does not bring down the value like most other guns. Most owners recommend not buying one NIB because you are never sure it will run.

The M16 is a nice investment but you are limited to 5.56 or .22 if you have a conversion. Not sure if you could throw on another caliber upper and run full auto or not.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
An FA gun is a good investment because there is a limited amount of them out there and the values only keeps going up. Shooting them does not bring down the value like most other guns. Most owners recommend not buying one NIB because you are never sure it will run.

The M16 is a nice investment but you are limited to 5.56 or .22 if you have a conversion. Not sure if you could throw on another caliber upper and run full auto or not.

You can. My point was however that without the investment angle, full auto isn't worth it which in turn makes a trigger that makes your rifle "full autoish" totally not worth 400 bucks.

Last edited:

Laces_Out_Marino

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Aug 14, 2015
CANTON, GA
Zip code
Just watched a review on youtube and it looks cool but $400 for just a trigger, a trigger that didnt look all that reliable from the video I watched on the military arms channel

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia

I'm actually going to disagree here. I loved the binary function on the Glock when it was doing that, perfect doubletaps. Additionally, full auto is a blast with 22, but like any shooting it needs to be a challenge. Set up some steel targets and start timing how fast it takes to shoot all of them 3 times. Also, sub gun matches could be fun

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Just watched a review on youtube and it looks cool but $400 for just a trigger, a trigger that didnt look all that reliable from the video I watched on the military arms channel
I shot the Echo and it got ran hard at that range day and I never saw a hiccup.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Is it really a sound investment to buy full auto though?? If the laws ever change your $25k m16 just became an $800 m16. I actually know a couple guys that don't want to get rid of NFA full auto laws because they would essentially lose money.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Is it really a sound investment to buy full auto though?? If the laws ever change your $25k m16 just became an $800 m16. I actually know a couple guys that don't want to get rid of NFA full auto laws because they would essentially lose money.
I doubt full auto will ever come off NFA. Even so, the parts makers would simply increase the cost of the FCGs that are made for FA guns because they could. Yeah I can see that 400$ auto sear made to convert glock to full auto adding another zero. Some other firearms are more easily converted although if not properly done can be unreliable. I happy for the investment I made in my M11/9.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I doubt full auto will ever come off NFA. Even so, the parts makers would simply increase the cost of the FCGs that are made for FA guns because they could. Yeah I can see that 400$ auto sear made to convert glock to full auto adding another zero. Some other firearms are more easily converted although if not properly done can be unreliable. I happy for the investment I made in my M11/9.
I would guess the $400 auto seat would be more like $50 if they were not regulated. I don't see any reason why they would get more expensive. At least not once things settle down. Imagine how many manufacturers would jump in the game if they could sell a tiny piece for $400 that could be put in every glock in America.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac11FA

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I think this is why they are an investment, since most investments have the chance to do well or tank. Just like stocks or property, it could make you rich or poor depending on the market.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would guess the $400 auto seat would be more like $50 if they were not regulated. I don't see any reason why they would get more expensive. At least not once things settle down. Imagine how many manufacturers would jump in the game if they could sell a tiny piece for $400 that could be put in every glock in America.
I can see them also doing like they do in California where modifications are limited to law enforcement and military use only.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I can see them also doing like they do in California where modifications are limited to law enforcement and military use only.
I dont think they would change the NFA laws on full auto but only allow LE and military to use them since they can already use them. Obviously stated like CA and NY would still make retarded laws but at a federal level it wouldnt make sense.