Fobus Roto-Holsters™

Faktory 47

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Since I can't get the left handed N82 I want I decided to try an OWB. I seen on eBay a Fobus 360 Roto-Holster. I want something I can wear strong side or crossdraw. I have a Fobus holster for my LCP but really never got to use it as shortly after I bought the holster I got the CT laser and rendered it usless :-\ Suppose to be here Thursday. Will wear it camping this weeken and see who like's it more, me or my holster drawer.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Good luck on the Roto-Holster. I have a Fobus paddle holster (not the Roto model) for my Glock26 & love it, but only use it during the cooler months of the year. Hope it works for ya! Yogi 8)

M

mukwah

I have a Fobus for all of my handguns. Great for colder months or camping and hiking, fishing, or any outdoor activity.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I've a Fobus paddle for my baby Gs and I like it OK 'cept for one thing, the retention. It takes a sharp tug straight up to free the gun and my feeling is that that's not optimal in every situation. There simply is no way to draw with your off-hand if you had to and there's only one way to draw with your strong-hand. And if you're not wearing the holster and want to draw? Forgetaboutit@!

Good luck with your, I assume it's for your SR9c?

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Verticoli said:
I've a Fobus paddle for my baby Gs and I like it OK 'cept for one thing, the retention. It takes a sharp tug straight up to free the gun and my feeling is that that's not optimal in every situation. There simply is no way to draw with your off-hand if you had to and there's only one way to draw with your strong-hand. And if you're not wearing the holster and want to draw? Forgetaboutit@!

Good luck with your, I assume it's for your SR9c?

Yes it is for the SR9c. I purchased this knowing it's going to be a "jacket" cool weather holster. I am just biding my time as I really want the N82 professional left handed version. I am a one handed draw only person due to an accident in the early 90's working in a wood mill running a wood molder (basically a four sided router) a temporary working turned the machine on while doing maintenance on it. No lock-out tag-outs were installed at the time. I don't mind at all talking about it I haven't said allot about it due to I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable but I would like to mention my situation because I may get some good pointers from the experienced minds that are on this forum. I lost all 4 fingers on my right hand and they were only able to re-attach my ring finger as my index and I cannot bend it, basically my right hand has only a pincher type function, Hasn't slowed me down much as one would think it could. Born right handed and right eye dominant I have dealt with it pretty well. I will post how the Fobus works out.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Fobus Roto holster came in and I like. As mention it will be great for when concealment is not an issue as it can stick the gun out there a bit even for jacket wear. But I found I do like OWB on this gun. This is actually is the 3rd holster I have for my SR9c. I bought one of those cheap walmart holsters with the mag pouch for the range, fits the SR22 as well and serves its purpose. I also have a small IWB thin nylon holster that conceals it good but not the best for getting a decent draw. Besides a shoulder holster for my Taurus Judge I never tried to conceal a gun the size of the SR9c with a belt holster before as I have a .25 Titan F.I.E before Elsie. I have learned one thing... I got to really respect the power of concealment that LCP gives you. Carrying the SR9c definately has a learning curve. I thinking a leather crossdraw maybe OWB may be the answer for me on this weapon. I am second guessing going IWB with the SR9c now. Looks like I need a few more holsters to make sure. A little expensive, but fun ;D