Five reasons why I will never open carry...

GA Firing Line

Do you agree or disagree with this article:

• Agree

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I only open carry at M&G/Swap meets.

For real.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
In my book if you can't see it, it's concealed!

I carry in a OWB holster with my shirt untucked 95% of the time.

Anybody looking could spot that pretty easily. I conceal-open carry in the winter. When it's hot I carry a smaller gun IWB that I doubt you could spot looking for it.

I have opened carried in a leather holster, no shirt over it, and I don't think anybody noticed. People are pretty clueless, someone who knows what to look for can tell but the general public won't notice anything more subtle than a OC AK.

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
Anybody looking could spot that pretty easily. I conceal-open carry in the winter. When it's hot I carry a smaller gun IWB that I doubt you could spot looking for it.

I have opened carried in a leather holster, no shirt over it, and I don't think anybody noticed. People are pretty clueless, someone who knows what to look for can tell but the general public won't notice anything more subtle than a OC AK.

Unless I'm climbing my fatass over something or doing something absolutely ridiculous, for the most part 99.9% you can't tell I'm carrying...

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I see benefits to both sides of it, though I do CC most of the time.

My opinion is alot of folks are so oblivious that they wont notice anyway. There is also something to be said about being able to get the gun into the fight quicker and easier by OC.

Reactions: Green Panther

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I see benefits to both sides of it, though I do CC most of the time.

My opinion is alot of folks are so oblivious that they wont notice anyway. There is also something to be said about being able to get the gun into the fight quicker and easier by OC.

I think that is the argument for OC that I hear the most often. (I'm in no way point this at anyone here... but:) To that argument's end, why not carry in a drop leg holster? Maybe it's just me but drawing from where my hand naturally hangs is way easier than the somewhat awkward motion of drawing from my belt... maybe it's just my arms and waistline. While I shot USPSA, I always wanted to draw from a point lower than my belt (which is contrary to their rules).

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
Don't be the target , gives you the element of surprise, less likely to get it taken, walk softly but carry plenty of ammo, don't draw attention to yourself

Reactions: SafeCracka

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I think that is the argument for OC that I hear the most often. (I'm in no way point this at anyone here... but:) To that argument's end, why not carry in a drop leg holster? Maybe it's just me but drawing from where my hand naturally hangs is way easier than the somewhat awkward motion of drawing from my belt... maybe it's just my arms and waistline. While I shot USPSA, I always wanted to draw from a point lower than my belt (which is contrary to their rules).
I think it's a trade off when it comes to not wearing a drop leg. Hell I was OCing at my parents house and my mom didn't even notice for the first hour I was there.

My main, well really only, problem with CC is the draw. Unless you wear the same style shirt and/or jacket every day its hard to build good muscle memory for a good draw.

Sent from my penis using Tapatalk